PRJHS Weekly Update
June 1 - June 5, 2015
"IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A WILDCAT"
2015-2016 PGP Update
The following is the most recent information regarding district-wide elements of focus for the 2015-16 school year, which I received at the administrative council meeting this week. PGPs must be completed prior to leaving for the summer (it is anticipated that PGP approvals will occur over the summer months).
2015-16 PGPs Information:
- 5 targeted elements (4 required and 1 teacher choice)
- Must be submitted by checkout on June 24
Required elements include:
- Element #1 - Providing Clear Learning Goals and Scales (Rubrics)
- Element #2 - Tracking Student Progress
- Element #13 - Reflecting on Learning
New mandatory elements (choice of one from the following):
- Element #15 - Organizing Students to Practice and Deepen Knowledge
- Element #21 - Organizing Students for Cognitively Complex Tasks
- Element #22 - Engaging Students in Cognitively Complex Tasks Involving Hypothesis Generation and Testing
Individual teachers can select their fifth targeted element from any category.
- 9th Grade Breakfast and Yearbook Distribution: Tuesday, June 9 during periods 2 & 3
- JHS Awards Night: Tuesday, June 9 - 6:00 pm in the JHS Cafeteria
- JHS Department Meetings: Tuesday, June 9 - 2:00 - 3:50 PM
- 7th Grade Paw Pal Meeting: Wednesday, June 10, during homeroom in the Media Center
- Sports Physicals: Wednesday, June 10, 5:30 pm in the HS Nurses office
- BOE Meeting: Wednesday, June 10, 7:00 pm in the JHS Media Center
- In-House Drama Production: Thursday, June 11, periods 3 & 11 for 7th and 8th grade students
- JHS 9th grade Semi-Formal: Friday, June 12, 6:00-9:00 pm at Sea Oaks Country Club
8th Grade Field Day
Bridging the Gap
Character Counts End of the Year Video Yearbook
Thanks for another great year of character Mr. Raffaele and Mrs. Zedalis
Building Level Goals
Author TY DRAGO Presents to PRJHS’s 7th graders
Ty Drago is the author of the UNDERTAKERS middle grade horror series. In addition to published four books, his novel the RISE OF THE CORPSES has been adapted for a feature film, written by Jeffery Reddick and produced by Mondercine!
Writing has been a passion of Mr. Drago’s for as long as he can remember. As of last November, he became a full-time writer and he is certainly enjoying the ride! He has authored no less than fifteen novels and scores of short stories; so far, five of these have been published. He currently lives in southern New Jersey with his wife, a mutt named Charlie and two goofy cats.
The Watershed Warriors are at it Again
A special thanks to the students in Mrs. Lentini's and Mrs. Raber's classes for all of their clean up efforts.
PRJHS Band and Chorus Shine at Hershey Music Festival
- Concert Band received a mark of High Excellent
- Choir was rated as Superior
- Jazz Band was also rated as Superior
Great job to the talented students, Mr. Strouse, and Mr. Majoros!