Week of May 9, 2016
May 16 Curriculum Spotlight
Dr. Zito sent out an email earlier this evening with some information about the May 16 Curriculum Night. We want this night to be a fun information session for parents and students where they can see first hand some of the great things we have going on in our district! We are looking for volunteers to present during an open information session. Parents and students will be able to walk through the cafeteria at BTES and stop to look at various tables showcasing these programs.
If you would be interested in presenting please complete this form (you must be logged in to your BTBOE account to have access) or talk to us this week. Thank you!
Staff Dress Code
As the school year winds down we are asking the entire district to remember to keep the dress code in mind. Please remember that jeans are not to be worn other than on designated "jeans days," and not all Spirit Days are jeans days. Also items such as yoga pants, sweats, etc. should not be worn. We will have many visitors to the building in the next month, and adhering to the dress code helps to convey our professionalism.
Save your Crayons!
As a school we will be participating in The Crayon Initiative which takes old broken crayons and melts them into new crayons to be donated to children's hospitals, schools and other children's organizations. Please avoid throwing out any broken crayons, and stay tuned for more information!
The Week at a Glance:
Please remember to look at the Teach HMP Calendar for any updates.
- Book Fair Monday-Friday
- 9:15 am- 3rd and 4th grade Study Island trip to AMC Movie Theater
- 6-8 pm- Evening Book Fair
- 7pm- PTA Meeting
- Progress Reports must be entered by the end of the day today.
- Grade Level Meetings on Prep in Andrea's office (in lieu of Wednesday's Faculty Meeting). Special Area teachers meet at 11:30.
- Preschool Mix-It-Up Day, all district preschool students will visit Potter for carnival fun!
- Faculty Meeting canceled
Jump Rope for the Heart
- 9:10-10:10- Kindergarten
- 10:15-11:15- 1st and 2nd Grades
- 1:15-2:15- 3rd and 4th Grades
- Progress Reports posted to the Parent Portal
- Spirit Day: Potter Spirit Wear
- 9:30- 2nd Grade Fitness Day