Monday Morning Message (4/11/2016)
Every Child - Everyday!
Good Morning Everyone! The job fair was very nice this weekend and we had an opportunity to meet quality applicants. I would like to thank Kim Smith, James O'keeffe, and Annette Clark for volunteering to help at the job fair. Saturday school was awesome again. Coach Broussard, Coach Wortham, and the instructional coaches are doing an awesome job of recruiting and creating masterful lesson for the students who do show up. We will have a rezoning meeting tonight in the cafeteria and the Sheldon Early College High School Pinning Ceremony will be at the San Jacinto North campus tomorrow night. Questions about zoning for next year will be answered tonight and our 8th graders that were accepted into the ECHS next year will receive their high school/ San Jacinto dual enrollment pin.
I would like to congratulate our campus nominees for this year:
Paraprofessional of the Year:
Rookie of the Year:
Teacher of the Year:
Have a great Monday and I will see you around the campus!
Reminders & Information
- Dress Code: Do not allow students to sit in your classroom out of dress code. If you allow them to bend this rule, they will attempt to bend others.
- Time Clock - Remember to clock in and out each day. Missing a clock in or out once or twice is okay, but if it is a persistent problem it may affect your PDAS appraisal.
- Please be at your door during transitions. If you are on your conference period please come out and help to monitor the hallways.
- Remind your students to walk on the right side of the hallway during the passing periods.
- Do not let students out of class without a pass that includes their name, destination, time, date. We are trying to reduce the amount of time that students are out of the classroom and we would like to be able to quickly determine where they should be.
- Remind students of the "lending grant" chromebooks that we have that are available to check out and go home with them.
- Remember to follow the discipline ladder with students in your classroom. Try different interventions and parent contact before sending a student to the office. If it is a level 3 offense, send them to the office immediately. If you have any questions, please ask Ms. Smith or Mr. Swacker.
- Grades - Make sure that you are inputting 2 daily grades per week. The administrators will check on Tuesdays to verify grades have entered.
Embrace the Near Win
Weekly Discipline Incentive
Each week we have a competition among the pods to see which pod has the least amount of tardies and discipline referrals. The top 2 pods with the least amount of tardies and referrals will get a free dress day on Friday. The teachers of those pods will receive one free "JEANS DAY!" The grade level that has the least amount of tardies and referrals will also receive electronic devices during lunch for the following week. We also have a weekly attendance goal of 97%. If the weekly attendance goal of 97% is meet, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders will be able to use electronic devices during lunch for the week. The winners for this week are:
Free Dress Friday
Electronics During Lunch
Status: Not Met
Remember, we are the Best school with the Best students and the Best faculty and staff. Good, Better, Best!!! Never let it rest, until your good gets better and your better gets best!