Week of 2.27.2023
Weekly Message from Hatfield Elementary
Dear Hatfield Families,
I hope you had a wonderful week!
Last week we had our lockdown drill. Our students did a great job listening to their teachers and following directions. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure our students understand the importance of these drills.
This upcoming week is sure to be a busy one! On Monday, our Kindergarteners will go on a fun field trip to The Bucks Co. Children's Museum. I'm sure everyone will have a great time!
We are hosting two "Parent Meet and Greets with the New Principal." Our first session will be held Monday morning from 9:15-9:45 and our second on Tuesday evening from 6:30-7 pm. An invitation along with an RSVP came home last week. I hope to meet many of you at one of those times! This week we also celebrate Read Across America Week. This is a celebration of literacy across the nation! Children are encouraged to read books that recognize and highlight diverse characters, storylines, and authors. While this special week has been added to our calendar, the love of reading is being promoted in schools all across the country throughout the entire year. We welcome families to join us in celebrating the joy that comes with reading a book! We will have some mystery readers visiting our classrooms as well!
We are looking forward to a great week!
Keep soaring above and beyond,
Hatfield Elementary Principal
- To translate this newsletter, please follow these steps: Step 1: Click on the translate button found at the top of the newsletter. Step 2: On the right side of the newsletter, you'll see the ADA and Translation feature. Click on the translate button and choose your desired language.
Read Across America Spirit Week! Join in on the fun and show your school spirit!
- Monday, February 27th - Reading gives us a bright future…Wear a college t-shirt or sweatshirt
- Tuesday, February 28th - Reading gives you superpowers…Wear your super hero shirt
- Wednesday, March 1st - Reading takes you places…Wear something that represents your culture
- Thursday, March 2nd - Hatfield loves to read…Wear your spirit gear
- Friday, March 3rd - Reading jogs your mind…Wear your exercise clothes today
Rising 6th Graders and Middle School Course Selection
7th grade Parent Information Night on Wednesday, March 1st at 7:00 pm at your child’s home middle school.
6:30 - 6:55 pm: self-guided tours, visit classrooms
At 7:00 pm: meet in the auditorium to meet the principal, assistant principal and guidance counselor. After introductions, course offerings will be presented as well as an overview of the course selection process
You're Invited to a Meet and Greet with the Principal!
- Please come meet the new Principal of Hatfield Elementary, Rita Whalen! Two Meet and Greet sessions will be held for your convenience. The first session will be on Monday, 2/27 at 9:15 am and another on 2/28 at 6:30 pm. Please look for an invitation in your child's folder and RSVP as soon as possible!
FREE Philadelphia Wings Tickets!
On behalf of the Philadelphia Wings Lacrosse Team, Hatfield families are invited to a FREE Wings game on March 4th, at 11:30 am.
Please clink on the link and use the promo code "Hatfield" to access the tickets. https://offer.fevo.com/philadelphia-wings-vs-new-york-riptide-ugy2kff-8034f45?fevoUri=philadelphia-wings-vs-new-york-riptide-ugy2kff-8034f45%2Fphiladelphia-wings-vs-new-york-riptide-ugy2kff-8034f4
- Please remind your child that they are not permitted to bring sports equipment (basketballs, footballs, etc.) from home for use at dismissal. If they have teacher permission for recess, the equipment must remain in bookbags until that time and returned after recess. Students are lingering on campus after dismissal to play with friends and we are directing them instead, to head home immediately. Thank you in advance for your help with this.
2/27 Kindergarten Trip to Bucks Co. Children's Museum
March-Women's History Month3/1 Rising 6th Grade Course Selection Night
3/9 Early Dismissal- Elementary Conferences
3/13-3/19 Neurodiversity Celebration Week
3/21 Home and School Meeting
3/21 World Down Syndrome Day
3/21 5th Grade Trip to College Settlement
3/24 4th Grade Trip to Pennsbury Manor
3/28 Report Cards available in Infinite Campus
3/28 1st Grade Trip to Crayola Factory
3/29 3rd Grade Trip to Adventure Aquarium/
Our Hatfield HAWKS continue to SOAR by following our HAWKS pledge daily at school! Continue to be on the lookout for HAWK feathers your child may come home with. Each month we celebrate with a school wide assembly. The more feathers a student earns, the better their chances are to be chosen to participate in exciting assembly activities! Your child also has an opportunity each month to be chosen as a Golden Hawk where they have the opportunity to sit in our special VIP section! Please continue to encourage your child to SOAR as a Hatfield HAWK!
Home and School Information
If you are interested in volunteering at an event, please make sure to have your clearances. Here is more information on the documentation needed to volunteer in the North Penn School District.
If you have any Home and School questions feel free to contact: email@example.com.
For additional information be sure to check out our Hatfield Elementary Home and School Association Facebook page.
The Home and School 6th grade committee will be holding a school-wide Gertrude Hawk fundraiser. The fundraiser will end February 27th. More information will be coming home.
The next dining-out night is Thursday, February 16th at PJ Whelihans. Please see the attached flyer for more details.
Hatfield Staff Spotlight!
Ms. Birdlebough has been with Hatfield for one year and is our 5th grade learning support teacher. Ms. Birdlebough’s favorite thing about Hatfield is the staff. She loves how supportive they are of each other! Outside of school, Ms. Birdlebough enjoys spending time with her family, being outside in her garden, camping in the Adirondacks each summer!
North Penn District Information
- The Odyssey of the Mind Southeast Pennsylvania Regional Tournament will take place on Saturday, March 4th and North Penn will be "in the house"! Twenty-three teams representing thirteen North Penn schools are preparing for the competition! The tournament will take place at DeSales University, Center Valley, PA. HUGE HATFIELD SHOUT OUT to Claire Parmiter, 4th grade, who will be participating with her team!!!!
What does "Love is an Open Door" mean to you? NP is holding a contest to find out! Be creative! Submissions can be art, writing, music, dance, or anything that expresses the theme. NPSD students grades K-12 can enter for a chance to win tickets for NPHS's production of Frozen and to have their submission featured to our district and community! For more information or to enter, please visit https://sites.google.com/npenn.org/wwwnpennorgtheatre/love-is-an-open-door-contest
- IRONKnights Triathlon (swim, bike, run race)! This year's race will be held on Saturday, May 20th (rain date May 21st). Please check our website for additional information about our event: IRONKnights Website. Registration will be open from January 13th through April 20th. Click here to sign-up on or after January 13th: Register for the 2023 IRONKnights Triathlon. Reach out to Mrs. Ball with questions.
- Kindergarten registration for the 2023-2024 school year is now open! To learn more or get started, visit the Kindergarten website
- A slight change has been made to two of our busses. Please remind your child (if this applies) that bus 151 (orange) is now 26 and Bus 112 (blue) is now 151. We have been reminding students here at school as well.
Please send your children to school with appropriate clothing for the temperature outside. The district policy states that classes will not go out for recess if the wind chill is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless a doctor's note is turned into the office students will be required to go outside with their class.
If your child will be absent for the day please let us know. You can either: email Mrs. Mandes at firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 215-853-1470 OR through the Hatfield website: https://hatfield.npenn.org/attendance. All absences will be marked as unexcused unless we are notified.
The district launched the Here Comes The Bus App. The app went live on January 9th. The app will be used to let parents know when their child’s bus is within a certain radius of the bus stop. Here is the communication sent out by the district. If your student is a bus rider, their ID should go home and come back to school every day. Please take the HCTB survey!
From Mrs. Ball: For the safety of your child, sneakers are required for students to actively participate in Physical Education (Gym) class. It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist your child in remembering to wear or bring sneakers to school on their designated PE day.
Hatfield Elementary School
The mission of Hatfield Elementary School is to encourage all students to aspire above and beyond in the areas of: Academic Achievement, Respect for Diversity, Community Involvement, and Individual Responsibility.