October 12-16, 2020
All TRIO SSP students will get an email from Tutor.com to inform them how to register/login to the site in the next 36 hours. Check in your spam folder if you do not receive an email from Tutor.com in your regular inbox.
3 Weeks Until Spring 2021 Registration
We will be utilizing Microsoft Bookings to schedule these meetings. See the below video on how to utilize the Bookings system and connect to your meeting during your scheduled time with Microsoft teams. ***These meetings are VIRTUAL***
There are two things that need to be done BEFORE your meeting with TRIO SSP:
- A meeting (via appointment or email) with your academic advisor to have your Spring 2021 courses prepared or verified
- A Student Needs Assessment has been completed at least 48 hours before your semester meeting
**If these two criteria are not met before your meeting, we will need to cancel your appointment. You will be responsible for rescheduling a new meeting time.**
ALL TRIO SSP students will need to complete a semester meeting, including students who were admitted to the program Fall 2020. Failure to meet with a TRIO advisor for this meeting will result in a Academic Hold on your WMU account.
Once you are ready, book your appointment here: wmich.edu/triostudentsuccess/advising
Those with priority registration will begin registering on Thursday, November 5 at 7:30 a.m.
Foundations in Personal Finance
To register for the Foundations in Personal Finance course:
- Go to https://www.foundationsdigital.com/app/#/login/
- Create an account using your WMU email
- Use b86fb1 as your class/voucher/access code
- Hit Create an Account then Return to Sign-In
- Put in your new log-in information and hit Let's Go
- Click on Fall 2020 Foundations in Personal Finance course
- Start with Chapter 1 and work your way through!
For the next 3 Fridays, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, from Noon-1 p.m. Candace will be hosting a Dine and Discuss series for students participating in the Foundations in Personal Finance course. These events are not mandatory of participants, but attendance is encouraged. We will use this hour to process what you are learning, assist you in creating plans to start your financial freedom journey, and talk all things financial wellbeing!
To join the Dine and Discuss:
Meeting number:120 372 3856
Join by video system:
You can also dial 184.108.40.206 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone:
+1-312-535-8110 United States Toll (Chicago)
Access code: 120 372 3856
We Talk Series
Lean In to Difficult Conversations
4 to 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 14
- Take part in the final program of the fall We Talk series with an interactive experience exploring civil discourse in today’s volatile political climate. The program opens with the highlights of a TED Talk featuring Zachary Wood, a national speaker who probes "Why it’s worth listening to people you disagree with.” Breakout discussions will follow. Access the program link 15 minutes prior to the presentation.
Learn more about We Talk and find program links to connect to these events here: https://wmich.edu/wetalk
TRIO Movie Night
Friday, Oct. 23
Information on how to connect to the event will be posted in next week's newsletter. To RSVP: https://forms.gle/b3MeFfkWRcuzYToB9