SWO ESL Consortium
Meeting Date 5/13/2016
Meeting Dates - 2016-2017
Friday, September 2nd - 8:30 - 11:30 am
Thursday, December 1st - 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Thursday, February 2th - 12:30 - 3:30 pm
Friday, May 5th - 8:30-11:30 am
OhioTESOL Conference = October 7-8
SPRING 2017 OELPA Window = February 6 - March 31
1. "S” and “L” status in EMIS
The S option is optional for FY16, but will be required for FY17. It would be used for a student that (usually) was previously reported with the L code but now has been in US schools for more than 180 day but less than 2 years.
Data Administration Manager 3
Data Quality and Governance
25 South Front Street | Columbus, Ohio 43215-4183
(614) 387-0395 | (877) 644-6338
4. Unaccompanied Minor Workshops
- Summer Unaccompanied Minor Workshop at the ESC - filled. June 15-16 9am-3pm at Loveland Oasis Center
- Fall Unaccompanied Minor Workshop in the Fall in Columbus - cancelled
5. Gifted and ELL
8. Break into Discussion groups: Larger districts/Smaller districts
(notes in attached minutes)Discussion Questions:
a. How do you determine student/teacher ratios?
b. What are you doing in terms of pull-out/push-in/inclusion/co-teaching?
c. What types of curricular materials are you using?
d. How do you best provide PD for your staff? (ESL and general ed)
e. How are your staff endorsed? Are they working towards? Do you call your staff teachers, tutors, aides, paras, Native Language Support, etc...?
f. Have you recently gone through a Federal Review? How do you know about the process? How did that process go?