Lord of the Flies
Government Types in LOTF
Jack - Represents a Totalitarian Government because of the total control Jack has over his so called "Hunters." Totalitarianism and said to be in a pursuit of a specific goal over all others. Totalitarianism is said to also be complete power over the people. The government controls all things done (Totalitarianism / government). This is represented by Jack telling his boys to just hunt. He has no means of getting off the island like he had before. The only reason they were found because of the smoke is because he was cooking and that was giving off the smoke. He also has complete control over them when he tells the boys to tie up Wilfred in chapter 10. He was angry and was going to beat Wilfred and the others followed with the fear of also being beaten.
My Island Society
2) The people's future is worth more than the individuals.
3) Everyone must have a role or job on the island.
4) Everyone has equal opportunity to prosper.
5) No hunting after dark unless in a group of 4-5 people.
6) Game must be split equally throughout the group.
7) Getting caught not sharing kills will result in him/her not eating for 2 days.
8) For a rule to be written, must have 70% agree on the rule.
9) Freedom of Religion.
10) Everyone gets 2 hours to themselves everyday to relax and enjoy the sun.
11) Fire must be going at ALL times to help ensure an escape.
12) Leader may veto any proposal but may not overturn the ruling.
13) Disobeying rules will result in lesser or greater punishment depending on offense.
In-Fighting Historic Example
"Democracy." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democracy>.
"Jordanian Protests (2011–12)." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 01 May 2015. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordanian_protests_(2011%E2%80%9312)>
"Totalitarianism | Government." Encyclopedia Britannica Online. Encyclopedia Britannica, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015. <http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/600435/totalitarianism>.