Great to be back!
I saw this picture above on my Pinterest page when I was looking up motivational photos to send you guys this week. I knew worrying wasn't good for me, and that it robbed God of the praise he deserved. However, I never thought of it in this light before, so I thought I would share it with you ladies. As mothers, we have a tendancey to worry over many things...especially those things which surround our kiddos. This was a gentle reminder to step back from those worries and cast them where they belong!
- Compound structure (two sentences joined by a FANBOY)
- S-Vt-DO with an Imperative Sentence (Subject, Verb transitive, Direct Object) p121-122. In this pattern/purpose the understood you will always be the subject.
Subject question: Who or what is the sentence about? (You)
Verb question: What is being said about you? (Praise).
Direct Object question: Praise what? (God).
- Appositives (noun or pronoun that is directly beside another noun that explains. Or identifies it.) p.122 David, the king, praised God.
- Noun of Direct Address (NDA) is simply the person or thing that is being addressed or directly spoken to. They are set apart from the sentence by commas but are not grammatically connected to the rest of the sentence, much like an interjection. A sentence is grammatically complete with or without them; they just provide more information. Reece, walk the dog.
- Adverbs- modify a verb, adjective, or another verb. Usually -ly words. P123 and Chart I.
Math-played some add/mult race games with dice. I'll attatch those in an email for you to play at home.
- Continued with our report style papers, but with a new source text this week.
- Introduced similes and metaphors. Similes use LIKE or AS to compare (hard as a rock) and a metaphor simply calls something another thing or uses one thing to mean another (his face was a cold stone).
- Took vocabulary quiz--I'm noticing that a few students are having anxiety over this, so on weeks when we have these, I will do it 10 min before class starts for those who would like to earn the extra tickets.
- Worked on our KWO for Charlemagne part 1