Wilson MS Student Bulletin
Week of October 24th, 2022
This Week's Schedule
Please plan to arrive no earlier than 8:10am on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Plan to arrive no earlier than 9:10am on Wednesdays.
This week's schedule:
Monday: School starts at 8:30am - Periods 1, 2, 4, 6
Tuesday: School starts at 8:30am - Periods 1, 3, 5, 7
Wednesday: Block Schedule! School starts at 9:28am - Periods 1, 3, 5, 7
Thursday: School starts at 8:30am - Periods 1, 2, 4, 6
Friday: No School for Students!
Be sure to follow us on Instagram @WMSKnights
Have a great week!
It's Red Ribbon Week! Let's show our spirit!
Red Ribbon Week is when we confirm that we will always stay drug free! Each day of Red Ribbon Week we will show our spirit and commitment to remain drug free with a different activity each day.
Monday-Drugs are a Red Flag!-Wear Red
Tuesday-Encourage others to be drug free-Twin Day
Wednesday-Team up against Drugs!-Wear a Jersey
Thursday-Too Cool for Drugs!-Wear a hat and/or sunglasses
Halloween is Monday, October 31st!
- Students may wear facial makeup. Make-up needs to be applied before coming to school and should not cover the entire face or make it difficult to recognize the student.
- Costumes should be appropriate and not depict gangs, horror characters, or inappropriate individuals/topics.
- Costumes may NOT include any weapons. Students may not bring props that replicate guns, knives, or weapons of any kind.
- Shoes must be safe. (Regular dress code applies: no flip flops, slippers, open toed, or high heels).
- Students may not wear masks that cover their face. Masks may be brought to school and worn on top of the student’s head, but not covering their face. (There will be a “best mask” category during the PE costume contest.
- Costumes should not affect the instructional day. If your costume will make it difficult for you to sit in class, please be sure to be able to remove the costume during class time.
For full guidelines, click here.
Make up Picture day-October 27th!
Our first concert of the year!
Clubs are Meeting!
Game club-Lunch, room 1114
3-D printing Club-Lunch, room 3105
Fashion Club-Lunch, room 2202
Chess Club-Lunch, room 1230
Cooking Club-Lunch, room 1222
Green Knight-Lunch, room 2109
WE/CJSF-Lunch, room 3105
Drama Club-Lunch, room 4101
Sew Crafty Club-Lunch, room 1107
Web Development Club-Lunch, room 3105
Lego Knights Club-Lunch, room 1225
Wilson Writing Club-Lunch,Library
Armenian Club-Lunch, room 2206
ABCD Club-Lunch, room 2203
Rubik’s Cube Club-Lunch, room 1208
Swifties United-Lunch, room 4104
eSports-Lunch, room 3105
MESA-Lunch, room 1235
Stranger Things Club-Lunch, room 1222
LatinX Club-Lunch, room 2111
Space Club-Lunch or 8:00, room 1230
Tropical Club-Lunch, room 2113
Congratulations to our basketball and soccer teams for games well played last Thursday and to our cheerleaders and mascot for bringing the spirit!
Our next game is this Thursday against Roosevelt at Roosevelt. Please remember that Wilson students are not allowed to attend away games unless you are with your parent to watch a sibling compete. However, be sure to wish our athletes good luck!
Do you need help? Go to: Tutor.com/wilson
Go to tutor.com/wilson to log on.
Every Tutor.com session is personalized to meet the needs of the student, from remedial to advanced levels. It focuses on conceptual learning and critical thinking—not just quick answers.
Wherever students have online access, they can connect to a tutor using any computer or mobile device. Tutors assist students with specific homework problems but can also help with concept review, writing assignments, test prep, and more.
Go to: tutor.com/wilson
Username: student email
Password: 6-digit ID number.
Chromebook Tip of the Week!
Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels. You may only have a small piece of painter tape with your first and last name written on it. If you need a piece of painter's tape, ask your history teacher or stop by the library.
Visit the Wilson Student Help Corner Website where you can find video tutorials answering your frequently asked questions about apps used in your classrooms. We also have tutorials in Armenian and Spanish.
Expectations for success
- Don't walk through the staff parking lot
- Stay in the designated areas (Gauntlet, Tripidome, lunch benches, field) during snack and lunch
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer
- Follow directions
- Stay home if you're sick
- Bring your own water bottle
- Be at school every day
- Be on time
- Call the office if you are absent
- Bring your Chromebook fully charged and in its case
- Phones are Silent and put away on campus
- If we see it, it will be confiscated!
Keep Wilson Clean!
- Put your trash in the garbage can
- Keep food outside
- Keep our bathrooms clean
- Shorts/Skirts must be mid-thigh length
- Hats/hoods outside only
- No excessively ripped jeans
- Stomach, back and underwear shouldn't show
- Closed toe and closed heel shoes only-NO SANDALS OR CROCS!
If you see something, say something!
It’s Never Wrong To Do the Right Thing
It’s Never Wrong
to do the right thing
And every morning
we’re gonna sing.
With love, don’t you know,
You’re gonna reap just what you sow*.
It’s Never Wrong
to do the right thing
*You reap what you sow is a proverb that says future consequences are inevitably shaped by
Good Knight Tickets and PBIS Rewards
- Go to your Clever Account
- Click on the PBIS App
- Go to the Wilson School Store
- Browse the exciting choices and select your item(s)
- Go to the PBIS/ASB Store at room 2115 (Bottom floor of the 2000 building near the basketball courts) and tell the clerk you ID number to pick up your reward!
Email or see Mrs. Sondergaard if you have any questions. LSondergaard@gusd.net
Do you need to talk to your counselors, assistant principals, or principal?
Teacher Specialist - Ms. Nare Hakobyan - email@example.com
Last Name A-K:
Assistant Principal, Ms. Lise Sondergaard - firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Ms. Angela Kazanchyan - AKazanchyan@gusd.net
Last Name L-Z:
Assistant Principal, Mr. Cay Ledesma - email@example.com
Counselor, Ms. Sarah Veliz - Sarahveliz@gusd.net
Principal - Dr. Narek Kassabian - firstname.lastname@example.org