It also influenced in other civilisations
Philosophy and science
- In philosophy the Greeks were the first to use reasonto examine the nature of human beings and the world around them.
- Some scientist were: Pythagoras in mathematics, Archimedes in physics and Hippocrates in medicine.
- They also were important in geography and story, where they had a great influenced in our timelife.
- Homer's epic poems were written in this period and were greatly admired.Greeks also wrote odes and lyrical poems.
- Early theater developed from religius ceremonies. Aeschylus, Sophocles and Euripides wrote tragedies and Aristophanes wrote comedies.
- Greeks believed in many gods, so they were polytheists.
- They thought that gods lived in Mount Olympus, were Zeus was the supreme god. Photo1
- They also believed in heroes, who were sons of gods and human beings.
- Temples were places for praying and offering.
- Greeks consulted to oracles, which comunicated messages for gods
- The Olympic Games were sports competitions in honour of the gods.