This Week at Windsor 9.25.2020
Teachers make a difference at any distance...
Last night the board approved the changes to the district calendar, the new version is attached below. October 8th and 9th will now be remote learning planning days, students will not attend school on these days as our staff will be planning and preparing for Kindergarten, first and fifth grade to begin in-person learning in a hybrid model. Parent-teacher conferences have been moved to November 19th and 20th. More information regarding the hybrid model will be coming to you from the district office.
We encourage you to continue to get your children outside and moving as much as possible during breaks, recess, and lunch.
- If your child will be absent from school, please remember to call the absence line or submit an online form. If your child attends school in-person, please state the reason for the absence.
- Device Insurance Information, see our website: https://www.sd25.org/Page/1500
- If your child has any medications that need to be given at school such as inhalers, EPI pens, etc, please get the necessary paperwork completed and dropped off to our nurse, Mrs. Carpenter as soon as possible.
- If your child is new to Windsor and you have not turned in the physical immunization paperwork, please submit as soon as you are able or reach out to Mrs. Carpenter if you have any questions.
Have a wonderful wildcat weekend!
Mrs. Anastacio and Mrs. Soprano
- Monday, September 28th- No school
- Wednesday, September 30th- 4:00-6:00 PM--5th Grade Band Instrument Pickup at SMS
- October 8th and 9th- Remote Learning Planning --No school for students
- October 21st- 7:00PM --Virtual PTA Meeting
Important Tech Tip:
Please remind your students that they should power down their Chromebooks at least once a day and maybe at lunchtime as well. That will help the "glitchiness" many are experiencing.
iPads should also be rebooted occasionally to prevent connectivity issues. Instructions are below.
To turn off your Chromebook completely, try one of these options:
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Power .
- At the bottom right, select the time. Select Sign out Shut down.
- Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out
To Power Down Your iPad:
- Press and hold the On/Off/Sleep button at the upper-right corner of the iPad. Slide the bar to Power off.
Mrs. Stella's Station
It's apple picking season! Are you looking for some easy recipes to make at home with all of the apples you brought home from the orchard? Check out this week's Stella Station for some fun family recipes that highlight apples! COOKING WITH APPLES. Also, I would appreciate it if you would give me some feedback about this feature. You can find a brief survey by clicking HERE. Have a wonderful long weekend!
PTA Fall Fundraiser Update: Unfortunately we will be unable to run the Fall Harvest fundraiser this year. We know many look forward to this but are planning to be back next year. In the meantime, Spirit Wear is in the works and will be coming out shortly so keep an eye out to order your Windsor Wear!!
2020-2021 Volunteer Opportunities
This year may look a little different but the PTA is looking for a few volunteers to help run a limited amount of programs this year. Please review the list of volunteer opportunities and indicate any programs/areas you would like to be involved in or learn more about. You will be connected with the appropriate Committee Chair or Windsor Staff member in the near future for more details on how you can help. Click below for more information. We can't do many of these programs out without your help! Please respond before September 15 so we are able to get programs started.
2020-2021 PTA meeting dates
Save the date to join us for our meetings for this year! We will be virtual to start and see what happens from there.
October 21 - 7PM (virtual)