Week at a Glance
October 28-November 1
- Pajama Day!
- Teach week 10 of pacing guide
- Fire drill around 1:00 p.m. since we missed it last week.
- Assess Success cycle
- 7:30 a.m.--grade level collaboration; HAGT teachers meet with Becky P. in MP room for book study (We will forgo vertical teaming as orginally scheduled since Becky will be meeting with a number of staff members instead.)
- 2:50 p.m.--meeting--Janelle, Faith, & Karen
- 6:00 p.m.--5th grade technology night in cafeteria
- 7:15-8:30 p.m.--boys basketball practice
- Sports Day!
- Assess/collaborate on Success data
- 7:30 a.m.--collaboration--Karen & FLS staff
- 8:30 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Faith
- 9:00 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Caitlin
- 9:30 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Raihanne
- 10:00 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Amber
- 10:30 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Colby
- 11:00 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Dawn
- 12:30 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Brittany
- 1:00 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Tracey
- 1:30 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Beth
- 2:00 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Tara
- 2:50 p.m.--K-2 BURST meeting
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--volleyball practice
- 2:45-3:30 p.m.--student council meeting
- 6:00-7:15 p.m.?--girls basketball practice
- Twin Day!
- Data due to Karen
- 7:30 a.m.--parent conference--Caitlin & Karen
- 8:00 a.m.--case conference--Deb, Megan, & Karen
- 10:00 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Terri
- 10:30 a.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Patrice
- 11:40 a.m.--goal meeting--Dona & Karen
- 12:45 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Megan
- 1:30 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Janelle
- 2:30 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Sheri
- 3:30-7:30 p.m.--p/t conferences
- 5:00 p.m.--parent conference--Jennifer & Karen
- 6:00 p.m.--case conference--Deb, Jackie, & Karen
- 80's Day!
- Glow sticks distributed to PreK-6 from K'ville Fire Department
- 7:30 a.m.--data meeting--gr. 1
- 8:30 a.m.--data meeting--gr. 2
- 10:00 a.m.--Mayor Handshoe judges pumpkins
- 12:55-1:10 p.m.--6th grade CPR program in media center
- 1:10-1:30 p.m.--5th grade CPR program in media center
- 2:00 p.m.--data meeting--gr. 6
- 2:30 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Jackie
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--Spell Bowl practice
- 2:45-3:45 p.m.--volleyball practice
- 3:00 p.m.--data meeting--FLS & PreK
- 3:15 p.m.--goal meeting--Karen & Jennifer
- Crazy Hair Day!
- November display case--Kindergarten
- Students take pumpkins home
- P/T conference record form due to Karen
- 7:30 a.m.--data meeting--gr. 3
- 9:30 a.m.--data meeting--gr. 4
- 10:00 a.m.--data meeting--gr. 5
- 1:00 p.m.--data meeting--Kindergarten
- 3:30 p.m.--grade 5 Weekly Notes due to Karen
- 3:45 p.m.--staff social at Applebee's in K'ville
- SPIRIT WEEK: Reminder, all staff members are welcome to participate in the Spirit Week festivities!
- GLOW STICKS: The Kendallville Fire Department will be providing glow sticks for all of our students this Thursday so that students may use them while Trick or Treating with their parents. You will have a bag of them with your end of the day folder. Fifth and sixth grade will get theirs when they have their CPR class that afternoon.
- FUNDRAISER ITEMS: I have scheduled our fundraiser products to be delivered on Wednesday, November 6. The products will actually be delivered at 1:00 p.m. I will need as much help as possible sorting the frozen goods into groups in the gym. Parents can pick up the products starting at 2:40 p.m. They will need to park at the front of the school from 2:40-3:00 p.m. and enter through the main doors. After 3 p.m., they can pull around to the cafeteria door entrance and enter through there to pick up items. Pick up will run until 5:30 p.m. I will need some help with that as well. It takes a few people to check in guests, help them find their boxes of product and assist them with getting the items in their car. Please let me know if you are willing to help for all or part of the time. I appreciate your help!
- SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER: I have some exciting news to share! We will be getting an additional part-time resource officer! Leslie Fox, who works for the Noble County Sheriff's Department, will be working at WC each week for a set number of hours. The time she works in our school will vary from week to week, but they are guaranteed hours that she will be in our building. She is willing to be flexible with her time and be here when we have school events too. You are welcome to share with others that we will have the additional SRO in our school, but please do not share with others that she will be here on a part-time basis. Leslie will start work at our school within the next couple of weeks.
- STAFF CHRISTMAS PARTY: It's hard to believe, but it is time to start thinking about our staff Christmas party. I will send out a survey to you to get some ideas and feedback of what you would like to do, when, and where. A couple of ideas that have already been shared with me include waiting until January to have our party since the month of December is so filled with holiday events (like what I've done with my luncheon for you). The other idea is to have a progressive meal where we would travel to few staff members homes to have dinner. ex. We would travel to the first home to have appetizers, the second home to have the main dish, third home for desserts, etc. I will try to get a survey out by the end of the week. In the meantime, if you have ideas, please send them my way so I can include them on the survey.
- P/T CONFERENCE MEAL: PAC members will be delivering chicken salad sandwiches to classrooms around 5 p.m. They decided to deliver dinner to you this year instead of having it set out in the lounge. :-)
Six Traits Lesson/Activity Ideas from Smekens
Friday, Nov. 1st, 3:45pm
602 Fairview Boulevard
Come enjoy some appetizers and social time!
Saturday, Nov. 2nd, 4:30-6:30pm
544 North Street
Admission is free! Skate rental free for WC students! All staff members and their families are invited to attend.