Special Edition - Hooper Finds a Family
"Where it's always a great day to be a Bison!"
A Note from Ms. Marlatt
Please join us in our very first One School One Book event! For the whole month of February, our whole school will be reading the same book together! This year, we chose Hooper Finds a Family. It is the story of a yellow lab who gets lost during Hurricane Katrina. There is a happy ending, however, but you will have to read to find out!
Here are some things you can do to make sure your students are involved:
1. Check out the calendar with all of the events.
2. Print a copy of the reading schedule and put it on your fridge. You students can scratch off the chapters as we go.
3. Access the staff readings on YouTube. The list is on our website. You can also click on the hyperlink on our special calendar of events.
4. Read, read, read! Make time for reading at home sacred! Sit with your students and enjoy each chapter together!
5. Participate in the home activities. Send the completed activity back every Tuesday and your child's class or grade level will be eligible to win one of the rewards.
6. At the end, everyone wins, because reading is fundamental, and will help your student(s) more than you know!
Please read below for more details. We can't wait to start this fun journey with you!
Thank you for sharing your children with us!
One School-One Book Month-Long Event
What is One School - One Book?
- An event to encourage the joy of reading!
- Reading will take place at home everyday.
- Recordings of staff members reading the different chapters will be available so everyone will be able to access the reading.
- Fun and simple home activities will translate into drawings for prizes at school.
- We are teaming up with Soul Dog Animal Rescue for a service project to benefit the organization.
All details are shared below. The calendar will give you access to documents with even more details. Just click on the hyperlinks in order to learn more.
We hope you join us for this fun event! READERS TODAY, LEADERS TOMORROW!
The Fun starts February 1st, 2023!