Most of the hierarchy officials were male and they were only filled by males
-Nobles are at the top of the class system, they were respected and owned the most land
-Merchants were newly rich people by mainly working in the industry. Merchants sometimes try to marry into the Noble family to move up in class.
-Middle class these people weren't wealthy but the wealth depended on their hard work
they can often move up in class if they do their profession well
-Workers these people weren't skilled and were dependent on their employer
Unknown, Unknown .. "Renaissance Social Hierarchy." Hierarchy. N.p., 12 Mar. 2013. Web. 18 Feb. 2016.
Most civilians got tired of the churches always in their business
-Protestant Reformation indirectly encourages the formation independent states/nations
-Rulers and merchants wanted the church to be less involved with states sans business affairs
-Political power separated from the church
-A specific family called The Medici's were the most politically involved family because they were beyond wealthy and could pay off any general, priest
Morgan, Michael. Classics of Moral and Political Theory. Indianapolis: Hacket Publishing Company, 1992. 417-419. Ferguson, Wallace. The Renaissance. New York: Harper & Row Publishing Inc., 1963. 1-29
One disease that almost wiped the entire country was the bubonic plague also known as the black death
A technological advance would be the printing press
- the plague wiped out almost 3/4 of the population, most fled but along them fled the plague
- the plague came from ships where rats lived, rats were infected with fleas who carried the disease
- the printing press allowed people to get information out quicker such as books and magazines
- the printing press changed society
Brown, Tia .. "Diseases of the Renaissance." Prezi.com. Tia Brown, 21 May 2012. Web. 18 Feb. 2016.
Movements from literacy, music, art, etc
- Renaissance discovery of linear perspective enabled artists to portray distance and proportion more realistically
- Renaissance brought the introduction of polyphony, music consisting of several melodies at once
- Printing press created an almost insatiable demand for new reading materials. This demand induced writers across Europe to produce literary works
- The Scientific inquiry could be dangerous, though, as Galileo learned when he disproved the Church's age-old geocentric teachings.
Newby, Gregg .. "Cultural Changes From the Medieval to the Renaissance | The Classroom | Synonym." Cultural Changes From the Medieval to the Renaissance | The Classroom | Synonym. Demand Media, 2014. Web. 18 Oct. 2016.
- farmers had very small pieces of land and too much had been brought under cultivation. In these conditions, a bad harvest almost immediately led to famine.
- Crusades stimulated trade throughout the Eastern Mediterranean
- his prices were low because too much grain was being produced now that the population had diminished. Labourers, on the other hand, were very expensive.
- Even if they wanted to stop their job like from grain grower to cow herder it wasn't easy
- Italian city-states, particularly Genoa, Venice & Florence helped to channel ‘Asian wealth’ into Europe
St. Rosemary Educational Institution. "Power, Economy, Political, Religion during the Renaissance." http://schoolworkhelper.net/. St. Rosemary Educational Institution, Last Update: 2016. Web. Retrieved on: Wednesday 17th February 2016. http://schoolworkhelper.net/power-economy-political-religion-during-the-renaissance/.