How to bake a cake
Reasons to bake a cake
You Will Need...
- 1 1/2 cups of sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- Icing of your choice (see attached video for recipe)
Picture of vanilla cake
Beat in the butter one heaping 1/4 teaspoonful at a time, using an electric mixer set on low speed, until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time, until the mixture resembles fine damp sand. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and milk, and beat on medium-high, just until blended. Do not overbeat.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean — 30 to 35 minutes. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
Take the cake out of the pan and cool completely. If you want you can cut it in half hightwise and ice the halves together, to make it a layer cake. Ice with the frosting."
These directions come from http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a871/basic-vanilla-cake-69/
"Basic Vanilla Cake Recipie." Country LIving. ©2016 Hearst Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved., 2016. Web.
How to make buttercream icing
- "Basic Vanilla Cake Recipie." Country LIving. ©2016 Hearst Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved., 2016. Web.
- "Buttermilk Vanilla Cake Recipe From Scratch." WonkyWonderful. N.p., 17 Sept. 2015. Web. 05 May 2016.
- Carstinaxx. "Buttercream Icing Recipe / How to Make Perfect Buttercream Frosting." YouTube. YouTube, 17 Oct. 2015. Web. 05 May 2016.