Olde Bedford Village
Tour of Colonial Village
Olde Bedford Village
Friday, Oct. 7th, 2-4pm
220 Sawblade Road
Cost is $15 per student, this is admission and two crafts.
Parents is $8 per parent, sorry no craft.
Old Bedford Village welcomes you to discover America's history. The living history village brings the past into the present. Old Bedford Village offers a rich variety of educational and entertainment activities. Visitors of all ages will enjoy our military and civilian re-enactments, colonial crafts, exhibits and instructions, festivals, murder/mystery evenings, old fashioned Christmas celebrations and more!
Contacting FSC Smith
Things to Remember
- Be aware of your surroundings: Walk carefully, we are outside and ground is uneven.
- We will be moving from building to building at the village. Wear appropriate clothing for weather.
- The students are always well behaved and I appreciate it.
- Please respect the village's property and take care while moving about.
- Share and take turns with each other.
1:45pm to 2:00pm- Arrival & Sign ins *Please arrive promptly
2:00pm- 2:30pm- Group tour and activity
2:30pm- 4:00pm- Self-Guided tour of Village
- Students will learn about the functions of a colonial village.
- Students will identify the processes of Tin Smithing and Candle Making
- Students will investigate the life of a colonial villager
K-6 students will draw a picture or write a paragraph depicting their experience the village
7-12 – students will reflect on what they learned at the outing and compose a well written paragraph of at least 5 sentences on what they enjoyed most at the site to be turned into FSC via exit ticket.
Students may log 60 minutes of History & 60 Minutes of Science time to the OLS.
Reminder for all PA Virtual Events
1: In consideration of our students with serious allergies, please refrain from bringing nut (food) products and balloons.
2: As always, to limit the spread of possible flu, please do not attend a PAVCS event if you have had a fever within 24 hours of the event.
3: For safety: All students need to be accompanied by a parent or learning coach. All students must wear shoes/sneakers for the entire school event and please refrain from bringing pets.
4: If there is a possibility of severe weather, please check Blackboard the day of the event in case the event is cancelled due to weather.
5: All PAVCS events are tobacco free.