Strive Center for Autism
We're going to begin sharing weekly updates via this format so please look for them via Remind each week.
Thank you parents!
- For returning your paperwork right away
- For being patient while we work out the kinks in the new check in process
- For sending snacks in paper bags every day
- Most importantly, for continuing to trust us with your kids each day! We are so happy to see them again.
Same schedule next week
Remember that next week will still be half days - so stick with the same schedule you had this week!
We will evaluate the half day schedule more next week, and will let you know when we are able to increase our time at the center to full days. Please expect that we will remain on half days AT LEAST through June 19th. There are a lot of moving parts to organize and we want the kids to be successful and engaged in meaningful activities all day in a safe and clean environment, which means we can't rush into it.
Remember that if you have a staggered drop off time, and you're early, we can't check you in early as we've staggered our staff start times too. Thanks for your patience with the new system.
We know it's getting nice outside, but please send your kids in closed-toes shoes with socks. No sandals, and no crocs.
We know their feet can get hot, but we also have staff seated on rolling stools and chairs, and we don't want to roll over anybody's toes!
Crocs cover your toes, but they also tend to fall off and become very distracting.
Burton parents - we have paint shirts in the center, and one has been set aside for each child in an airtight container. We will launder the shirts weekly (we have a washer and dryer onsite) and provide a clean shirt for your child every Monday.
Staff Training Update
We covered a lot of topics, including:
- Recovery Roadmap Update
- PPE Use and Requirements
- Policy changes affecting families and staff
- Review of Professional Crisis Management (PCM) transportation procedures
- Changes to our kids' schedules and curriculum with physical distancing
- Changes to reinforcement with new COVID guidelines (AKA how to still have fun!)
- How scheduled breaks and lunches work for staff with new guidelines
We have CANCELED the Professional Development (PD) Day previously scheduled for June 19th, so that children can attend therapy that day.
Professional Development Day for Staff - Children do not attend therapy
Friday, Aug. 7th, 8am
This is an online event.
Autism Alliance of Michigan Hero Walk: Virtual Edition
Sunday, July 26th, 9am
This is an online event.
Strive Center for Autism will definitely have a team for the walk and will share the info on joining our team in an upcoming newsletter!