September 25, 2015
As a member of Ballardville 2015-2016, we recognize that each student in ASPIRE is unique and different in his or her own way. We promise to:
- · help each other learn and excel as a group in class;
- · be kind, respectful, and responsible to our teacher, each other, our classroom, and ourselves;
- · have a positive attitude, follow the Golden Rule, and make sure everyone feels like they fit in;
- · put aside our differences and cooperate with each other respectfully;
- · be others-focused and bucket-fillers;
- · show kindness in and out of the classroom and treat others with care.
We expect our teacher to challenge us in a way that will help each of us excel in our learning. We like to be challenged and to think outside the box.
Our personal expectations are to be respectful and responsible. We will encourage others to be helpful and not hurtful. We will pull each other up when in need, and will help each other improve.
Dates to Remember
Sept. 30- ASPIRE T-Shirt Orders Due
Sept. 30- Scholastic Book Orders DueOct. 2- Spirit Day, Wear Glenhope t-shirt, turn in Box Tops
Oct. 2- Dad's Club Sock Hop- 6:30 pm- 8:00 pm
Oct. 4- "Unofficial" Pumpkin Patch Get Together for 4th grade ASPIRE
Oct. 7-8- Early Dismissal at 11:45 for Student Led Conferences
Oct. 12- No School
Oct. 24-Fall Festival
Dad's Club Sock Hop
Please help your child download IOS 9 this weekend. We will need it to install iMovie.
We have only had a few students forget to bring their iPads to/from school and/or charge them each day. Please remember that the iPad Trust Card states that the student will take the iPad home each night and bring it to school each day fully charged.
Please work on establishing a routine for this procedure.
If you are looking for a way to help, there are several needs we have currently:
* Bulk Snacks (healthy- Whole Wheat Cheddar Goldfish are good, and Cinnamon Chex cereal is Gluten Free)
* Colored Gel Pens (darker colors) for journal writing
* Ball Point Pens (black or blue) for journal writing
* Stickers students can use in writing journals for accent
Thank you to those of you who have sent in items for our classroom! We appreciate it!!
Class Objectives for Next Week
Social Studies/Science-Using and Reading Weather Maps and Texas weather
ELAR- Journal Writing; Of the Days; Kernel Stories for Personal Narratives; Sparkling Sentences; Voice
Shark Tank Cardboard Challenge
In the meantime.....please begin collecting cardboard- boxes of any size, toilet paper/paper towel rolls, shoe boxes, cereal boxes, etc.
Please hold all cardboard at home until we ask for it to be brought in! We simply don't have the room until we are ready to create and build!
PTA Reflections Contest
Happy Birthday to:
Eric T- September 24
Brodie S- September 25