November 5, 2017
I hope you had a great weekend and are energized by that extra hour of time that you gained through Day Light Savings :) . I know I am, my friends!
As we progress through second quarter, please continue to do an awesome job of following the hallway expectations. It truly is impactful. Also, please touch base with your students about the need to always travel with a pass during class periods.
In addition, please know that the feedback from our faculty meeting has been dis-aggregated and has shaped many of actions of the last few weeks. For example, hallway monitors have been brought in to improve supervision, hallway expectations have been clearly communicated to help improve hallway behavior, a de-escalation presentation has been scheduled to help provide de-escalation strategies, and administrators have started sending copies of disciplinary notices through email in order to help with communication. Thank you for your collaboration. Together we will continue to improve our school.
I look forward to a great week. Thank you for all you do to help our students to grow and learn.
- Congratulations to FHN Cross Country on having two runners advance to the state competition and finish with personal records. They are Maggie Hillman and Paige Hercules.
- Congratulations to the FHN Jazz Band on participating with Gateway City Jazz Band. Great job!
- Congratulations to StuCo for participating in the District Leadership Conference.
- Congratulations to Dominic Schneider for being selected to 2018 U.S. Army All-American Marching Band. Big honor!!!
- Congratulations to FHN HOSA on attending the HOSA Fall Leadership Conference.l in Jefferson City.
- Congratulations to our Cheerleading team on placing 6th in Class 5A Large Varsity. Awesome job, ladies!
- Congratulations to DECA and HOSA on raising $1,500 for American Breast Cancer Awareness.
- Congratulations to FHN StuCo on organizing an awesome Trick-or-Treat Street. They, along with the other FHN organizations that participated, helped to raise much needed funding for Special Olympics.
FHN Jazz Band Plays with Gateway City Jazz Band
Dominic Schneider for being selected to 2018 U.S. Army All-American Marching Band
The fall Staff Climate Survey opened on Friday, 11/3. Many have reported the email from Survey Monkey ended up in their Clutter folder. Please check there and take a few minutes to complete the survey. The district expects us to hit an 80% participation rate. Please help us hit that target. The survey will close this Friday, November 10.
Want to know more about what Sanctuary is all about? Come to a Lunch and Learn on November 9 and listen to Ryan Arnone and Kristen Jobgen explain community meetings, S.E.L.F, daily procedures and more! Click on the link below to sign up.
- Student Feedback on tech they are experiencing at FHN
- Updates from IS
- Windows 10 Upgrade
- Lunch and Learn Options for Infinite Campus Topics
- Keyboards for some iPads to test out
- Will have a future Lunch and Learn on IC (Gradebook Refresh/Message Center/Creating Reports)
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
3. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
4. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
5. counting tardies consistently.
STAFF CLIMATE SURVEY
Friday, Nov. 3rd, 7:30am-4pm
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Tuesday, Nov. 7th, 8am-12pm
Here are things to know about the day:
- You will work with department members in groups of 4 and you can choose your groups as you come in to the commons.
- You will be sharing the activities you did or plan to do with the non-linguistic representation strategies (briefly)
- We have carefully designed activities in order to meet the district expectations of presenting CITW materials and honor your expertise and needs as learners and teachers.
- Our topic is summarizing and note-taking and we think the activities and materials will lead to good discussions with your colleagues.
Wednesday, Nov. 8th, 2:30-3:30pm
LUNCH AND LEARN
Thursday, Nov. 9th, 10:15am-12:30pm
VETERAN'S DAY ASSEMBLY
Friday, Nov. 10th, 1-2pm
Veteran’s Day Celebration
Francis Howell North High School
Nov. 10, 2017
On Friday, Nov. 10 2017, Francis Howell North High School in St. Charles will be hosting a Veteran’s Day Celebration event. All Community Veterans are welcome to attend. This is a free community event. There will be a mixer at noon with refreshments, providing a space to meet other Veterans and mingle. At 1 p.m., our celebration honoring the service of our esteemed guests will begin. We will have music, a guest speaker and letters to share.
Please join us at Francis Howell North to celebrate one of our nation’s most important holidays.
Francis Howell North is located at: