2020-2021 February 6, 2021
From The Principal
We continue to be thankful and proud of our Collins Cobras for their continued dedication to all of our health and safety protocols. Thank you to our wonderful families for ensuring your children are staying home when they are sick or showing COVID like symptoms. And when children are home the are engaging with school using remote learning.
Progress reports for the third grading period will be available in PAC at the end of this week. Please be sure to log in so that you can review current grades for your child in all of their classes. There is time to address concerns and celebrate hard work before the end of the grading period and next report card.
Sixth grade parents -- a Incoming Knox section has been created towards the end of this newsletter. We will be sure to include all Knox updates, attachments, and newsletters throughout the spring semester.
Stay Safe and Healthy,
Friday, February 5th
- Progress Report grades taken
- Papa John's Pizza Spirit Week
Monday, February 8th
- PTO Parent Meeting Via Zoom 1:15 PM
Wednesday, February 10th
- Crossing Guard Appreciation Day
Thursday, February 11th
- Progress Reports Available in Parent Access (PAC)
Friday, February 12th and Monday, February 15th
- Student Holiday
Tuesday, February 16th
- Deadline for Remote/Virtual Families to declare if the plan to return to In Person Learning for final nine weeks
Friday, February 26th
- Last Day to Purchase 2020-2021 School Yearbooks
- Deadline for clipped Box Tops
Federal and School Report Cards 2019-2020
Collins 2019-2020 Federal Report Card has been posted on our school's profile page.
From the school’s website:
- Go to "Our School/Campus"
- Click “View School Profile"
- Select “Accountability Reports”
- Click “2019-2020”
- Select "Federal Report Card " or "School Report Card"
The deadline for ordering your 2020-2021 Collins Intermediate Yearbooks is February 26th! Place your order today with Jostens at:
YouTube Live Recap
Dr. Null provided an update on YouTube on Tuesday, January 26. The full video is available at this link or by searching the District’s YouTube channel. To hear information related to specific topics, please see the approximate video times below.
- 02:04 – Substitute Interview: Candice Armstrong
- 04:30 – “Lean on Me” performed by the Conroe ISD Virtual Choir
- 09:35 – About Live Updates
- 13:10 – Good News
- 16:43 – COVID-19 Updates
- 23:23 – Class of 2021
- 28:40 – November 2019 Bond Update
- 38:08 – Board Meeting
- 45:16 – Questions
Nurse Kendall Update
Parents of 6th graders: there are 2 immunizations that are required for 7th grade - Tdap (tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis booster) and Meningitis (MCV4). Your child may have received these vaccines at the 11 year old checkup. If you have not sent a copy of the vaccination record showing these 2 vaccines, please send one to the school ASAP. Your child will not be able to pick up his/her 7th grade schedule in the fall if these 2 vaccines were not administered.
Only Current Virtual/Remote Learner Families Will Complete This Survey
Incoming 7th Grade Knox Knights Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Jan 14 6th Advanced Math Parent Meeting to discuss math progress/selection 6:30 PM via Webinar
- Jan. 22 Collins 6th grade meets with Mr. Daw Virtually to discuss course selection - occurs during school day in the classrooms
- Jan 25 Deadline for Credit by Exam for Acceleration to Algebra 1 as 7th grader
- Jan 28 Incoming 7th grade Parent Info Night - Recorded format
- Feb 4 Elective information Night Recorded format
Feb. 19 Knox Cheer Parent Meeting Virtual
- Feb. 24 CP Cheer Clinic for grades 5-8
- Mar. 8-10 Knox Cheer Tryout Clinic
- Mar. 11 Knox Cheer Tryouts
- Mar. 31 Gingham Girl Parent Meeting Virtual
- Apr. 12-16 Gingham Girl Tryout Clinic
- Apr. 17 Gingham Girl Tryouts
- Apr. 8 Color Guard Parent Meeting Virtual
- Apr. 19-22 Color Guard Auditions
- May 1 Schedule Change Request Deadline
Hello Future Knights. Please open the link below to access the "Knight Life" Intermediate edition Newsletter. There is a ton of information in it to help you and your child get acclimated to our campus. Go Knights!
Times To Remember...
- 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building by 7:35 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- 5th Lunch A: 11:15 AM - 11:45 AM
- 5th Lunch B: 11:45 AM- 12:15 PM
- 6th Lunch C: 12:25 PM. - 12:55 PM
- 6th Lunch D: 12:55 PM - 1:25 PM
- 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
- 3:15 PM Calls to change transportation will end
- 3:20 PM Early check out of students will end
- 3:20 PM Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:30 PM First Flight (10 cars) will move forward to cones
- 4:00 PM Flights 1 - 4 will be dismissed to wait at Car Cones
- Dismissed after car dismissal begins; 1. Bikers 2. More Car Flights 3. Neighborhood walkers (parents should not be parked in neighborhoods to pick up children - please use YMCA parking lot) 4. YMCA walkers (crossing guard provided for students)
Are You Following Us?
Collins Twitter Account
Collins Facebook Account
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.