Welcome to Our Beautycounter Tribe!
Welcome to Beautycounter and Congratulations on becoming a Consultant! I wanted to reach out and let you know how excited I am to have you on my team. As a member, I am here to help. I am happy to assist you with anything I can, from providing support and guidance on getting your business started, to helping you find your way around Behind the Counter. I look forward to working closely with you and helping you achieve your goals.
Beautycounter is committed to supporting Consultants. Soon, you'll receive your Beautycounter Starter Kit in the mail. This kit will contain essential training and background documents to help you officially kick things off. In the meantime, here are three videos - The Beautycounter Story, Everyone Counts, Introducing Beautycounter and We All Deserve Better - for you to watch. They are truly inspiring and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
After watching the videos, I recommend you log in to Behind the Counter and start reviewing all the tools and news-related documents that are available to you. A great place to begin is with the New Consultant 30-day Action Plan, as it will guide you on where to focus during your first month of business.
Take a moment to read through these
EIGHT STEPS TO A STRONG START
1. Reach out to your Mentor - That's Me!. Let's set up a phone call or arrange for a time to meet in person to plan your business strategy. I will walk you through the beginning steps to help you get your business off to a strong start.
2. Log into your virtual office at http://behindthecounter.beautycounter.com using your registered email address and password you selected during the consultant sign up process.
3. Customize your personal website: upload a photo and personalize your PWS (log in Behind the Counter, on the upper right hand corner you will see your name; hover your mouse over it and wait for the drop down. Click on Edit My PWS to edit your website).
4. Order business cards & extra business aides (we love the "never list" template option). Order the cards through the Print Shop, which you will find by logging in to Behind The Counter and scrolling down on the home page...look for the RED Print Shop Icon on the lower left side. You can also order labels and personalized notecards through the Print Shop. (NOTE...you must register for the Print Shop the first time you use it).
Business Aides (catalogs, tip cards, lip brushes, mini sample sets, etc).
Step 1. See what's available to buy. Log into BTC, Tools, search "business aids" and select "Business Aids Lookbook". Open file and print :)
Step 2. Place Order. BTC, Orders, Start a Personal Order, Enter SKU or item name into search box, and add to cart. Voila!
5. Start the Online Training. Our Training Program is called "Counter Intelligence" and can be found in Behind the Counter, under the Training tab
READ...Log into Behind the Counter, click "Training", "Business" and then "Getting Started" and start going through the training, especially the "Consultant Fundamentals." There are different Modules of Training that shouldn't take you much more than an hour per Module. This offers an excellent foundation from which you can take your business to the next level! You can always click on "Training by Topic" which is highlighted in blue if you want to search under training.
PRINT...Print off your favorite resources that you find online. Invest in a binder...its a great way to stay organized and have your favorite resources on hand. ***TIP*** We are part of the larger Team Truth & Transparency and have access to their website. Go towww.mybeautycounterbiz.com and us "BC" for Login and Password. Go to "Fast Start" and all of the docs for a binder are there.
WATCH...Be sure to subscribe to the BC YouTube Channel!https://www.youtube.com/user/BeautycounterHQ as well as Vimeohttps://vimeo.com/user22824581/videos (please note, the Vimeo videos are for consultant eyes only). You can also log into Behind the Counter, click "Training" and type "video" into the search bar. You'll find all sorts of helpful things to watch there, as well. Here's a great video from Heather Willison reviewing our compensation plan: https://vimeo.com/161976072. Password: compplan
LISTEN...We have so many great training and opportunity calls happening on a weekly basis. New consultant training calls, as well as training calls on selling, recruiting, health/safety and more are scheduled by Beautycounter HQ on a weekly basis (check the weekly consultant newsletter that arrives via email every Tuesday for the next call information). You can also listen to some archived calls by logging into Behind the Counter then click on Call. Here's a recent call from LeeAnn Ruff on 9 tips for recruiting:https://behindthecounter.beautycounter.com/FileUploads/DocumentLibrary/Images/ConsultantCall4.6.16.mp3
WRITE...Start to craft your personal Beautycounter story, make a BIG list of prospective hostesses, and think about who would be on your "dream team". Use the Memory Jogger BTC for inspiration.
6. Join our Facebook Team Page. This is a great place to ask questions, share ideas and recognize accomplishments! https://www.facebook.com/groups/699215070182643/.
Please look at "files" at the top of our fb page. There you will find some sample emails, a list of recommended regimes for various skin issues, helpful tips on ordering cosmetics, etc. Also, if you have a question, please always look up your question in the search bar before posting on the page as we may have already answered your question. You can turn on notifications to see all postings. If you don't want to do that, please try to peek at the page a few times a week to stay apprised of what's happening. Also, you may want to "like" the Facebook pages of our Charitable Partners, EWG, Healthy Child, Healthy World and The Breast Cancer Fund. These pages will provide interesting articles and solid content that you may want to, occasionally, share on your personal FB page.
7. Launch your business. Within your first week or two schedule an open house/social to share your product with friends, family & neighbors. It's the best way to get your feet wet and it's great to work with small groups in the beginning. Also, schedule your first two socials within your network and your first few 1:1 on appointments (ask your mentor for details!). Send out an email/share the news that you have started a Beautycounter business! Now is also a good time to get a "loaner kit" started.
8. Reach back out to your Mentor - Me. Having consistent communication with each other (particularly within your first 30 days!) will have a profound impact on your business. Don't forget to ask for help...that's why we are all here :)
Incentives for a Strong Start!
Our fantastic compensation plan is our best reward, however, incentives are fun too. See below for the great Start Counting incentives you can earn during your first three months as a new consultant. There are Product Credits, Cash Bonuses (both as a new consultant AND a mentor) and exclusive Beautycounter merchandise! What a great way to start!
Check out our Dash to Director Incentive!
In June & July Earn a trip to Santa Barbara in October!
Make sure to use our incentive tracker sheet found BTC!
Our Favorite Resources
Healthy Living App from Environmental Working Group
http://bit.ly/1jtfvqY (for iPhone)
http://bit.ly/1l7Jxo5 (for Android)
We All Deserve Better Video
Everyone Counts Video
MSNBC Interview with Gregg Renfrew
How to Do a Social
Founder Gregg Renfrew 2015 Summit Speech
The Nantucket Project
Consultant Call with Gregg Renfrew discussing what kind on business Beautycounter is
What is a B Corp?
UC Berkeley study on chemicals in teen girls
Need quick access to an Editable Invitations for a Social or Event?
Watch these videos:
"But, I'm Not a Salesperson" call with Christina Glickman
To get safe products into the hands of everyone.