News of the Week
Here are a few reminders for next week:
- Yellow form in Friday Folders... in November we are having a Bears & Books Night with a special visit from author, Carmen Agra Deedy (click here to see her books) The kids have a chance to order one of her books and have it signed! If you are interested in that, please fill out and return the yellow order form. Orders are due by November 2.
- Fall Festival... Our school's fall festival will be held at Excel Gymnastics on Friday, October 13th. If you are interested in attending, you can pre-order tickets and food using the other yellow form in Friday Folders today. Orders are due by October 11th. Tickets will be sold at the door, but not food. Hope to see you there!!
- Picture Day!!! Our picture day will be Wednesday, October 18th at 9:00am. Come dressed in your best and ready to smile!!!
- Bag Books... I apologize for the delay due to me being out, but... they will be coming home on Monday! Your child will have 5 books to read at home all week and return on Friday. PLEASE help us not lose our books! I hope you love this reading time with your child each week- it will be a chance for them to show off all the awesome reading super powers they are learning!
- Homework... We will not have official homework in kindergarten apart from the bag books, but I am going to start including a homework idea section below if you would like to work on some skills at home.
- STEM Day... see below for pictures! We had fun today! Our theme was Not a Box based on the book by that name. The kids used boxes to build homes for a pet rock. It's not a box! It's a home for my rock! And if you want to see something AMAZING, watch Caine's Arcade Part 1 and Part 2. This kid is SO cool!
- No School for students on Monday, October 9th
Remember to send RED folders on Thursday and library books on Friday! We will not be checking out any new books next week due to the book fair.
- Practice sight words (list below)
- Write stories at home... try to label the pictures or add sentences by saying the words slowly and recording the sounds that you hear!
- Count to 100 by tens and ones
- Write your numbers 0-20
- Count groups objects accurately (20 or less)
...Skills We Will Work On Next Week...
Reading & Writing
Science & Social Studies
How-to Access Our eClass Page
2) Type in your child's student number (200....)
3) Their password is their initials, the month of their birthday, and the day of their birthday (i.e. mine would be lw1224)
** If content on our page is not loading, but sure to look in your address bar for the security shield and click 'load unsafe scripts' or whatever your wording may be! **