Word From The Woods
Bishop Woods Newsletter 10.24.21
Hello Bishop Woods Family!
As we enter this final week of October, we have some updates to share.
Please be sure to check your email to ensure you are receiving messages from Bishop Woods School. Email will be our main form of communication with parents & guardians this year. If you are not receiving emails, please contact the main office to update your email address in PowerSchool. Main Office: 475-220-7300
- We are urging you not to pick your child up early from school. Picking students up early is interfering with the instruction and learning of your child and the other students. Our teachers are teaching up until 2:45. We truly need your support in adhering to this policy so we can best educate your child.
- Starting Monday, students need to be picked up by 3:05. Students who are still in the building after 3:05, parents will have to park and come to the door to sign your child out.
- If you send your child to school with a lunch, we encourage you to send them with healthy items. We know that a healthy diet improves cognitive functions, decreases illness, and helps children to concentrate and control their bodies. Visit https://www.myplate.gov/ for more information.
- During Health, students will be studying the different food groups. We also are very lucky to partner with Food Corps. and they will be talking to students during lunch about making healthy food choices. Please discuss with your child the importance of a healthy diet.
- Just a reminder no outside breakfast foods are allowed in school.
This week Our Multicultural Committee celebrated Italian Heritage month and students participated in a virtual assembly with a presentation by Mrs. Campo. The students were introduced to some common phrases . Videos can be viewed by copying and pasting the link into your browser.
Day 2 and 3 of our tour consisted of historical tourist attractions featuring Ms. Higgins and Ms. Pierce.
Day 4 of the presentation consisted of food and desert presented by Ms. Sirico.
Friday was the final day of our Tour of Italy and Ms. Laughlin did a presentation of famous Italians.
School Issued Devices:
AUP’s still need to be submitted for some students. If you have not yet submitted the form and still need assistance, please call and or come to the school and we will be able to help you.
I would like everyone to enjoy the rest of the weekend, and looking forward to seeing everyone this week!
A Look Inside (and Outside) Bishop Woods!
Stewards of our Habitat
Preparing to edge the garden bed.
Working together to improve the garden.
It takes a village!
Deb, our amazing Cafeteria Manager, making creations with Kindergarten!
Oct. 24 LENICE CROCKER
Oct. 24 MS. TOLSON
Oct. 25 LONDON SMALLS
Oct. 27 SAARA MUSAKHEL
Oct. 27 ALBERT SANTANA
Oct. 28 MARVION SWAN
Oct. 29 MELANIE CASTILLO
Oct. 29 MS. CRISCI
Oct. 30 AVIAN TAVARES
Oct. 30 JOHN RODRIGUEZ
Oct. 31 ISAIAH BERRIOS
Oct. 31 ALESHKA MORALES
Nov. 1 KALANI ROBLES
Nov. 2 DEZIRAE POLLARD
Nov. 2 KAELYN GIBBS
Nov. 4 DANYELLE MCCRORY
Nov. 4 ANAILEE RODRIGUEZ
Nov. 5 GUSTAVO COLON RIVERA
Nov. 6 AUDRY GALARZA
Nov. 6 JAYZLIEL GONZALEZ - DELARIA
Save The Date!
SAVE THE DATE!
Nov. 2nd - NO SCHOOL - Election Day
Nov. 5th - End of Marking Period
DISTRICT CALENDAR SY2021-2022
Here is the direct link to the district calendar on the NHPS website. I have also provided a photo below.
Online form that must be completed to receive a school issued device
- Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) - This form is necessary in order for your child to receive their school issued Chromebook