October 12, 2015
Week at a Glance
Monday, October 12
- Flex Day
Tuesday, October 13
- EA meeting in the library @ 3:45
- Kona Ice on sale after school
Wednesday, October 14
- Grade level PLCs-Do Steps 1 & 2 on Steps to Making An Assessment
- Karen Lopez on campus visiting in the afternoon
Thursday, October 15
Friday, October 16
- Art/PLC Day-Making 2nd six weeks test with Pam and Michelle-Come prepared with TEKS
Saturday, October 17
- Digital Learning Camp at BCTAL
- Love Loud-North Richland Baptist Church volunteers at our school from 9-1; anyone welcome to come out and greet/help
Tibits of Info
- Pam and Michelle will be meeting with grade levels in the PLC room and Jenny's room this Friday to create tests for the end of this six weeks. Please be prepared and bring the leading and supporting standards so that you are ready to choose test questions. You may want to bring copies of Mentoring Minds Assessments, Clarifying documents, Write Source, and any other resources that you think will help your team prepare your tests. If you have a laptop please bring it as well.
- Some of our Educational Assistants have volunteered to stay late this week to answer the door since the majority of you will be having conferences. They will ask parents to sit up in the foyer until you are able to come down to get the parents. Also, Jezzika and Magaly are available to translate if you need them. Please contact these two ladies and set up times so we make sure that the times do not overlap.
- Birdville ISD has partnered with Clarity BrightBytes to survey students, parents, and campus staff on the impact of technology use both inside and outside the classroom. The results of the survey will help BISD develop appropriate digital learning opportunities to best serve the needs of all students. The District is also committed to providing appropriate digital resources, at the right cost, in order to maximize the use of existing technology. BrightBytes is web-based; research-driven tools that will assist BISD evaluate the current digital learning approaches and technologies available to our students. All questionnaires — student, teachers, and parents — are available in Spanish. Participants can toggle in the top right-hand corner of their questionnaire screen between English and Spanish.
Teacher Survey - 15 Minutes (the district would like 100% participation)
Campus Administration Survey - 5 Minutes
Parent Survey - 5 Minutes
When: October 12-23
- Thanks to our Educational Assistants for getting our leveled library finished up! Thanks also to Barbie for getting all the materials ready for the EAs. The EAs worked all day Friday and Monday working on getting the rest of the books leveled, bagged and put into boxes. I think the library is now ready to be utilized. We will work on buying more books where there are obvious gaps in levels. It should be relatively easy to add any new titles now that the library is so organized. Please be sure to put books back in the same place that you took the books from on the shelf. On each shelf there is a box of single books that did not have a "home". These books could be used to put into book bags.
- The carnival is coming up! Candiss needs your help. First there is a sign up in the lounge for booths. If you know of any other groups that can volunteer that night please let Candiss know. Also, she wants to know if each class could wrap up their carnival basket? She will provide the basket and wrap if teachers can help out. She is very short-handed and would appreciate your help.
- North Richland Hills Baptist Church is going to "love on our school"! They will come out on Sunday, Oct. 18th and work at our school as their church service from 9:00-1:00. They will be building some picnic tables to put in our courtyard for an outdoor classroom/picnic area, sprucing up the courtyard, painting the bike rack, make some items for classrooms and do other things around our school. If you have any requests, please send them to me at the beginning of this week. So far they are honoring all of our requests thus far.
Lite Bite Luncheon was a Huge Success!
- Oct. 20: Principal Meeting
- Oct. 22: ASPIRE Anti-Bullying Meeting 4:30
- Oct. 23: Carnival from 5:00-8:00 PM
- Oct. 23: Fire Safety Day-Fire Department here all day in the gym
- Week of Oct. 26: Red Ribbon Week-"Respect Yourself, Be Drug Free"
- Oct. 27: CBA Writing today
- Oct. 28-30: JPS Dental here
- Oct. 29: Flu Shots from 3:45-4:15-Sign up in the lounge
- Oct. 30: PDA Reflections due
- Oct. 30: Fundraiser Party 1-3
- Nov. 3: Hearing and Vision Screening
- Nov. 9: Art/PLC
- Nov. 10: Multi-Cultural Night 6:00 PM
Thanks to All for Working Diligently on our PD Day!
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15