Week of February 8, 2016
Week at a Glance
Monday, February 8
- Staff meeting in library
- Grade levels meet with Michelle R. on TELPAS as scheduled
Tuesday, February 9
- District Spelling Bee-Good Luck Gabriel!
- Grades due by 8:00 AM for Progress Reports
- Fourth Grade goes to Opera
- Grade Levels meet with Michelle R. on TELPAS as scheduled
- All Writing CBA scores should be scanned in AWARE
Wednesday, February 10
- Art/PLC-Planning in team leads room; Art time in GT room
- Chad at AP ILT
- Teacher Led Valentine's Parties
- Budget items due today!
- RtI documentation in AWARE should be updated
- Valentine's Dance
- Thanks to Richard Carr for all of your work with our 12 students that were a part of the North Texas Children's Choir. The performance was amazing! The sound coming from the young singers was so angelic. It was a experience that will be remembered by our students for a lifetime.
- Thanks to our SBDM team for your work on the Campus Plan. If feel it is important that our staff is a part of updating the plan so that it truly belongs to the campus.
- Thanks to everyone that participated in the collaborative meetings on Friday. It was so nice to see kids moving up on tiers. You all are making a real difference in the lives of the children here at RES! Thanks for your dedication.
- Thanks to Tammi and Carolyn for staying late on Tuesday for the Camp Carter meeting. I know that the kids are super excited about their upcoming trip.
- Thanks to fourth grade for their behind the scenes planning on their upcoming trip to Austin.
- Thanks to Angi for planning the Valentine's Dance. We appreciate all the staff that is donating drinks. Thanks also to everyone that is planning on helping on Friday afternoon. I know the kids are excited!
- Who let the dog out? Lisa McFaddin! Thanks Lisa for volunteering to be the "dog" at our Jump Rope for Heart Assembly. Thanks also to our double-dutch champ, Jessica. Now that was impressive! Thanks to Angi for planning the event and all that goes into Jump Rope for Heart.
- Thanks to Aletha and Kay for getting Charlie prepared to begin groups this week. It will be nice to start pulling more kids so that we can continue closing the gaps!
- Thanks to Deedra for covering class for Jacqui so that she could meet with the SPED PLC.
- Jeff will be here on Wednesday to answer questions about iPads and give helpful information. Please meet with Jeff in the GT room during your art time and bring your iPads with you.
- AABLE kids have been using the SMARTboard this week in their learning!
- 5th graders are using the iPads for research.
- Jessica Caceres uses Live Binders to utilize all of her materials from her SMARTboard so she doesn't have to walk to the back of the class to her computer all day. I will have her demonstrate at a upcoming staff meeting.
- Remember to check out Symbaloo under resources on the digital learning webpage: http://www.birdvilleschools.net/Page/37445. Find your grade level's info by clicking on your grade on the far right side of the page.
- Check out "my story" ap for another easy way for students to create books.
- Want to try the SMARTboard but don't have time to look for resource or make them. Check this out for more student interaction on the board: http://www.uen.org/3-6interactives/lang_arts.shtml for grades 3-5 and http://www.uen.org/k-2interactives/index.shtml for grades K-2.
Tibits of Info
Everyone should be pulling small groups during your WIN time, even if you are in the computer lab. I see lots of teachers during their WIN time in the lounge or talking with Traci or Andrya in the office. We need to utilize this time to pull our tier 2 kids. Also, you should be pulling a small group during your secondary WIN time, not starting instruction while kids are out of the room. I know most of you are doing this, but it is friendly reminder for those that are not.
Everyone should have their PDSA board up in the room by this week and starting the continuous improvement process.
The following 2-week windows are set for monthly progress monitoring using STAR 360. Of course, you may assess students at any point if there is a need. These windows are set to provide you the information needed to schedule progress monitoring on your campus.
March 1-March 10
April 4- 15
C & I is still working through the implementation model for the new screener, and they will be asking for feedback on our processes later in the spring.
- Be sure to get in your budget request froms in this week. The deadline is Friday. Anyone that we order from must be an approved vendor.
2015-16 Approved Vendor & Central Stores Link
Art/PLC will be this Wednesday. Please meet Dawn Fielder in your team leads classroom to learn more about SS. Dawn has planned the day to meet grade level needs. If you do not teach SS, plan on meeting with one of our coaches to plan. During your Art time, everyone needs to meet with Jeff about iPads and how to best utilize them in the classroom. SPED, specialists and PreK will need to find a grade level to meet with during the day.
Please turn in your STAAR t-shirt order to Traci. These will be the shirts that we will wear on testing days. You do not need to pay now for the shirts, just get your sizes in. Since the shirts do not have a date on them, we can wear these same shirts as long as there is a STAAR test. Since this is a "spirit" shirt, then jeans are permitted on these days!
Please plan on meeting with Michelle Rollins on Monday or Tuesday during your planning. She needs to do a training on TELPAS. It should not last the entire planning period.
We will have a Open House on Tuesday, March 8th from 5:30-6:30 on Public Schools Week. The grade levels that responded suggested that we have a open house and I agree. Parents like to come to school to see what their kids are working on. I planned it at 5:30, so that parents could come in right after ASPIRE. Also, if we end at 6:30 we can get home at a reasonable time. I had grade levels suggest that have a math games night, show projects that students have made with technology, and a night to show off work. I will speak with LaShall and see if she wants to plan a parent event for ASPIRE on that night too.
- Feb. 13-Cupstacking contest
- Feb. 15-Professional Development-Sign up in Eduphoria to get credit
- Feb. 15-TELPAS Calibration
- Feb. 16-First day to collect writing samples for TELPAS
- Feb.12-Last day for grade levels/programs to turn in budget requests
- Feb. 17-Campus Visit-Dr. Clark, David Holland, & Jamie Smith
- Feb. 17-5th Grade Math CBA
- Feb. 18-5th Grade Reading CBA
- Feb. 18-Founder's Day Dinner
- Feb. 19-PTA fundraiser kick off @1:45
- Feb 19th-Book Fair begins
- Feb. 22-Staff Meeting-STAAR training-everyone plan on staying
- Feb. 23-Grades 2-4 Reading CBA
- Feb. 25-Grade 2-5 SS CBA
- Feb. 26-End of 5th Six Weeks
- March 2-Austin Chaperone Meeting @ 4:00
- March 2-Grades 2-4 Math CBA
- March 3-Grades 2-5 Science CBA
- March 8-Open House 5:30-6:30
- March 10-4th Grade to Austin
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15