Holly Academy News & Views
August 20, 2021
We are so excited to be only a week out from our Huskies returning on August 30th/31st! Our staff returns on Monday. They will be busy with professional development and getting their rooms ready to greet you at Open House on Thursday. Doors will open at 6:00pm and the Open House will end at 7:30pm. Have a wonderful last week of summer break! It's great to be a Husky!
Holly Academy Families,
We are pleased to inform you that our breakfast and lunch order form for August/September has been completed. We have been working diligently with both Variety Food Services and Little Caesars to be able to offer meals on the first day of school. We only have a small window to be able to provide counts to Variety and therefore we need our Huskies to act quickly to place their orders. All orders must be placed by 10:00am on Monday, August 23rd. At that time the link to the form will no longer be available. Some families are reporting that they haven't received class placements in the U.S. mail. Please check Skyward or call the office for your child's homeroom teacher.
Due to supply chain issues, menu items are subject to change.
Please use the link below to place your breakfast and lunch orders through the end of September. A separate form will need to be completed for each child. If a form is completed for a child more than once, we will use the first submission unless we receive communication from the parent/guardian that the first submission should be voided for their child.
You must make a selection for every meal. You will have multiple choice options for each day.
All breakfasts and Tuesday through Thursday lunches:
2. Menu item w/White Milk
3. Menu item w/ Chocolate Milk
Pizza Days (Mondays and Fridays)
2. 1 slice w/White Milk (no cost)
3. 1 slice w/Chocolate Milk (no cost)
4. 2 slices w/White Milk ($1.50)
5. 2 slices w/Chocolate Milk ($1.50)
6. 3 slices w/White Milk ($3.00)
7. 3 slices w/Chocolate Milk ($3.00)
If you chose additional slices of pizza for your child(ren) you will need to make a separate payment on RevTrak (preferred method of payment) or send a check or money order to the school.
For those families that choose to pay via RevTrak, below is the link to the RevTrak account that we will be using for payments. You must pay for each child separately as these are tracked by homeroom teachers. If you are new to Holly Academy or have not used RevTrak in the past, you will need to follow the steps in RevTrak to create an account. New account set-up will be completed once you choose to checkout.
If you are paying via check/money order, you may pay for all students on one check or money order. Please make the check payable to HOLLY ACADEMY, label the envelope as Pizza Lunch and ensure that all student names and homerooms are listed on the memo line of the check or money order or provide a sheet stating this information.
All payments are due by Wednesday, September 1st.
Sample payment amounts for pizza orders (pricing is only for the August/September dates):
2 slices on Monday/Friday for all applicable days:
Young 5’s/Kindergarten: $9.00
1st thru 8th grade: $10.50
3 slices on Monday/Friday for all applicable days:
Young 5’s/Kindergarten: $18.00
1st thru 8th grade: $21.00
2 slices on Monday only for all applicable days:
Young 5’s/Kindergarten: $4.50
1st thru 8th grade: $6.00
3 slices on Monday only for all applicable days:
Young 5’s/Kindergarten: $9.00
1st thru 8th grade: $12.00
2 slices on Friday only for all applicable days:
All grades: $4.50
3 slices on Friday only for all applicable days:
All grades: $9.00
If you have any questions regarding the menu or food service program please contact Angie Cryderman at email@example.com.--
I hope you are enjoying your last weeks of summer! We are so anxious to have our Pack back in the building. This year, we are excited for the return of our Power Up program in the elementary grades. Power Up allows all students to receive additional instruction at their independent level. This allows us to ensure that each child is learning at their highest level to ensure growth and address any learning gaps they may have. We will see you soon, Huskies!
Thank you PTO
While we do not like having to worry about these matters, we are pleased to announce our new lockdown alarm system. During our lockdown alarm drills, we determined some shortcomings within our system, including the fact a number of rooms could not hear the alarm. As we do with any problem at Holly Academy, we researched options to find the right solution. This system will be in every classroom, restroom, office area, gym, etc. We will not have an issue with not hearing or seeing the alarm. The system also has the ability to automatically call the local police department. Thank you to our PTO for generously paying for the entire system! Our PTO has been instrumental throughout this process to keep our students safe in this scenario. We look forward to testing but never having to use this system!
Drop off and Dismissal
The 21-22 school year will mirror last year in terms of drop off and dismissal. We drop off and dismiss the school population in a 25 minute window using family cars. This is all coordinated without incident twice a day.
We are asking all families to follow the guidelines for morning drop off:
- Y5, Kindergarten and 1st grade students will enter the building though the main canopied entrance (M1). Parents may park in the parking lot and walk their students to the door. As a reminder, Parents are not allowed to enter the building after the first day of Y5 and Kindergarten. Please do not drop off students along the sidewalk.
- 2nd and 3rd grade students will enter the building through the west doors (M13) in the front of the building.
- 4th and 5th grade students will enter the building through the east doors (M12) in the front of the building.
- Middle school students may be dropped off at the middle school or in the front drop off lanes.
The following list is a brief overview of Holly Academy's dismissal procedures.
- The lane closest to the building will be designated for Y5/K families only.
- Please turn off your cell phone.
- Please stay in your lane.
- Staff will direct you to move forward or exit the parking lot.
- Be sure your sign (student last name, grade, and teacher) is clearly displayed.
- Turn on your right blinker when your car is loaded.
- Students may not exit vehicles once they have loaded.
We anticipate that we will invite volunteers into the school this year. As protocol indicates, all volunteers will check-in through the Raptor system in the vestibule and wear a badge while inside the school. First time Raptor users will be input into the system by Mrs. Melton and Mrs. Munerance. We will set aside a timeframe for initial user input at the beginning of the school year. Dare to be remarkable!
Dress Down Day Dress Code
At the Board of Directors meeting on August 11th, the decision was made to follow CDC and MDHHS guidelines and recommend masking for students, staff, and families. At this time, we are not requiring masks. While we support parents and guardians in making personal choices based on what’s best for their families, we will continue to monitor local COVID-19 metrics and follow any mandates/laws.
To ensure that we are providing the healthiest environment for our Huskies our expectation is that staff and families will use good judgment and stay home when they are sick. Should your child present with a fever, our school protocol is that they may not return to school until they are symptom-free and fever-free, without medication, for 48 hours. Should your Husky be exposed to a positive case, we will follow the Oakland County Health Department’s guidelines.
HA will continue our daily cleaning protocols using products approved by the CDC to be effective against the COVID-19 virus.
It’s great to be a Husky!
- Aug. 26 - Open House, 6:00-7:30pm
- Aug. 30 - First day of school for 1st-8th grades
- Aug. 31 - First day of school for Y5 and kindergarten
- Aug. 31 - New family Coffee & Conversation at 8:00am in the media center
- Sept. 1 - PTO meeting at 8:00am in the media center
- Sept. 3 - No school
- Sept. 6 - Labor Day
- Sept. 9 - Picture day
- Sept. 10 - Patriot Day (wear red/white/blue), free dress down day
- Sept. 11 - HollyDays Parade and Community Play Day
- Sept. 13 - Virtual Curriculum Night, 5:30-7:30pm