Harmony News - Weekly Update
October 9, 2020
Message from Principal Stewart
I just wanted to take some time to thank each group that is putting in so much time to make school work. I really appreciate what you all have done and how much we all have learned in this DL environment. Despite the "newness" of Distance Learning and some technology glitches, we have made great strides. THANK YOU for all of your efforts.
THANK YOU PARENTS - for supporting your children, helping them stay organized, and reaching out to staff for clarification.
THANK YOU STAFF - for your dedication to improvement, your perseverance with technology, and your well planned DL lessons.
THANK YOU STUDENTS - for teaching us new things about technology, challenging us to rethink how to keep you engaged in lessons, and for leading us with your spirit and energy.
Last Chance for Pictures!
On November 2nd from 9-12, Harmony will hold a make-up picture day for any students who were unable to have their pictures taken in September and October.
Please see the Lifetouch order form for information about ordering. Call your house secretary if you have any questions.
We plan to take school pictures in a safe and socially distant manner.
1. Students will enter and check in through the 1st main gym door. (see map)
2. Students must wear face coverings at all times (except during photograph) and stand at designated cones when waiting in line. Photographers will clean areas between each picture.
3. Students will be photographed in the main gym and then exit the back gym door (#2) and walk to meet parents, who should be parked on the blacktop. (see map)
Parents should enter the parking lot and proceed straight ahead, turning right after the parking area. Drop students off at door 1 and follow the sidewalk around to the blacktop. Please park on the blacktop and wait for your child to exit the building (door 2 on the map). After your child has returned to your car, please exit by following the sidewalk around the building (as shown on map).
October 12 - Holiday / No School / No Assignments
October 13 – Some (about 1%) Hybrid Students Return to Harmony
October 19 - 23 - School Spirit Week - see separate article above
October 26 – LCPS countywide PD day for staff
October 30 – Last Day of First Quarter
Nov 2 - Make Up Picture Day
Nov 2 - Student Holiday / Teacher Workday
Nov 3 - Student Holiday / Teacher Workday
Nov 4 - Classes Resume
Chromebooks access and repairs will need to be done by making an appointment (currently LVHS and Round Hill for all western Loudoun schools). Please visit this site to make your appointment: https://bit.ly/DDI-REPAIR
If your child has account access or hardware problems with their instructional device, email DDI-TechnologySupportCenter@lcps.org or call the Technology Support Center at 571-252-2112 M-F, between 7:30 AM - 5 PM.
- Classes run Tuesday to Friday
- All students report to Advisory each morning (T to F) from 8:35 AM to 8:55 AM
- Then there are FOUR blocks per day for 82 minutes each
- In general, each block meets for a total of 82 minutes
- The first 41 minutes is called synchronous learning (SL)
- That same block continues to meet for another 41 minutes in what LCPS calls a Learning Lab (LL)
- The bell schedule is also available here
Who do i contact with questions?
firstname.lastname@example.org, registrar and attendance secretary
email@example.com, assistant principal (assessment)
firstname.lastname@example.org, assistant principal (special education)