The Rain Forest
We tried, ok?
The Rain forests
- Rain forests covers 6% of the earths surface
- Rain forests has very tall trees and is very dense
- Rain forests contain 30 million species of plants and animals
- Rain forests produce many different materials in our home such as sugar, cinnamon, rubber,etc
- Every year an area the size off New Jersey is cut down
- The Golden Lion Tamarind Monkeys
- Many exotic birds
- Poison Dart Frogs and many more
Other endangered species
- These creatures are among the rarest primate on earth
- 'loris' in dutch means 'clown', therefore its real name is 'slow clown'
- They are very large in diameter
- They have strong tails that they use for extra limbs
- They hang upside down by their tails, making them appear spider like.
- They have only four digits, and no thumb
What food is found in the rain forest?
many different fruits and vegtables can be found in the rain forest, such as
coconuts and also spices like
ginger and cinnamon.
What plants are found in the rain forest? Do they have any medicinal value?
there are many plants that also carry many cures to diseases.
Lapacho, also known as pau D'arco, is located in the south american amazon, and has been a recomended treatment for cancer.
Aloe Vera is a plant located in the arid regions of africa, Asia, and Europe. It is one of the most respected plants in the world. It is used to treat sunburns. It has more then 200 active compounds.
Other plants that that are located in the Rain forest include Bromeliads, Epiphytes, saprophytes, Buttress Roots, Lianans, Stilt/Prop Roots, Carnivores Plants, Orchids and Strangler Plants.
How can we prezerve the Rain Forests?
Cut down less trees
encourage people to live in a way that doesn't hurt the environment