Little Cypress Elementary
LCE: A Great Place to Be!
OCTOBER 2021 NEWSLETTER
Welcome to Little Cypress Elementary!
If you have any questions, please check out our website or Facebook page where we update information each day. Our school number is 409-886-2838.
COME BE A SUBSTITUTE AT LCE!
- You get to create your own schedule.
- You can substitute for the grades you want.
- If you're wanting to be an educator, this will give you experience.
- You get to see your kid at school.
- You're helping out your community!
- Your work day flies by!
- You will get to see the smiles of hundreds of kids each day.
- You're making a difference!
- It's a fun, upbeat work environment!
- You're a piece of our puzzle.
Click here to download the substitute teacher packet. If you have any questions, please call Mrs. Reynolds, LCE Assistant Principal, and she will help you with the process.
Pennies for Perrin
Fire Prevention Week
LCE will “Learn the Sounds of Fire Safety!” the week of October 4–8. We will work to educate everyone about the different sounds the smoke and carbon monoxide alarms make. Knowing what to do when an alarm sounds will keep you and your family safe. When an alarm makes noises – a beeping sound or a chirping sound – you must take action. More information, including family safety tip sheets, can be found at Fire Prevention Week (FPW) (nfpa.org).
Your student might also love some of the great activities found at Sparky.org.
Early Release - Friday, October 8
National School Lunch Week
All students are eligible for FREE breakfast and lunch this year.
Red Ribbon Week - October 25-29
FOOTBALL GAME INFORMATION
Car Line Procedures
- LCE students should be dropped off between 6:50 - 7:10 a.m. The tardy bells rings at 7:15 a.m. and instruction begins at 7:20 a.m.
- Only 2nd and 3rd grade students can be dropped off at the front of the school in the mornings. Everyone else will need to be dropped off in the back.
- Parents with both LCI and LCE students may drop their LCE student off in the LCI car line between 6:50 - 7:10 a.m. After 7:10, all LCE students are to be dropped off at the LCE campus.
- Once the back doors are closed, you will need to drive to the front of the school, park, and escort your child into the building.
- For safety reasons, please have your child ready to exit the vehicle on the passenger side.
- TURN RIGHT when exiting Meeks during drop off and pick up hours.
- For the safety of your child and others, please do not use your cell phone while in the car drop off and pick up lines.
- Please pull into the grassy area to buckle your child in.
- Students cannot be checked out through the front office after 2:30 p.m. as we are in our final transition for the day. We will ask you to join the pick up line at that point.
- SCHOOL ISSUED CAR RIDER TAG MUST BE VISIBLE IN ORDER TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD. THIS IS A SAFETY MEASURE.
Bus Rider Information
- Students must ride the bus to their assigned drop off location (home address/licensed day care).
- All bus transportation changes must go through the Transportation Department 409-670-4601. Changes must take place before 1:30 p.m.
- Without a note, the child will follow their established routine.
- In an emergency, a phone call will be accepted but will require the student's last four digits of their social security number.
- An adult must be present at the bus stop for all PK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students to be dropped off.
Please remember to send any doctor's notes upon the student's return to school. When absent, the student must have a signed parent note or doctor's excuse upon their return to school.
Little Cypress Elementary Contacts
Orange, Texas 77632
Amber Hawk, Principal
Sommer Reynolds, Assistant Principal
Corrie Zepeda, Counselor
Misty Coleman, Nurse
Sarah St. John, Campus Curriculum Coordinator
Tessa Humble, Campus Special Programs Coordinator
Lisa Fisher, Secretary
Dee Dee Windham, Librarian