LPES Summer Newsletter
Summer Resources & 2022-2023 Preview
We hope your summer is off to great start & filled with lots of fun & joy! Our school office is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00-4:00. All SMCPS schools and offices are closed on Friday throughout the month of July. As always, if you have any questions or needs, please feel free to reach out to us at 301-863-4085. We are always happy to help!
Panda love to all!
School Year 2022-2023
This Summer Newsletter will give you information about:
- Our Summer Reading Program
- SMCPS Employment Opportunities
- Summer Learning Opportunities
- Important Dates
- 2022-2023 School Supply List
- Free & Reduced Meal Benefits (SY23)
- Lunch, Learn and Grow Program
- Pre-K Applications
- Kindergarten Registration
Summer Reading Challenge!
Not sure what to read? Here's some ideas!
- Use your laptop to go on to all the sites we used this year like Raz Kids, Reading A-Z, or Bookshelf. All you have to do is log into Clever!
Visit the SMCPS Library Media Programs Site!
FREE EBOOKS: Select this link!
Read in Imagine Learning
- Check out books at the library
SMCPS Employment Opportunities
2022-2023 Important Dates
2022-2023 School Year Opening - SY23 Calendar
August 17: Teachers Return
August 22: LPES Back to School Blast!
- Pre-Kindergarten: Time TBD
- K-5: 2:00-4:00
August 24: First Day for Students
SMCPS Extended Learning Opportunities
- All students will log in through CLEVER for all Summer 2022 Extended Learning Opportunities.
- The Imagine Learning platforms are available for all students in Grades K - 5. This platform is curriculum aligned and adapts based on student input.
- 5th-grade students may preview Edgenuity course options for both MATH and ELA.
Free & Reduced Meal Benefits
Starting this new school year, 2022-2023, the Child Nutrition programs across the nation will return to normal, pre-pandemic operations. Families will once again be asked to complete and submit a current school year Free/Reduced Meal Application if they would like to see if their students qualify based on the income of all family members.
Please read this letter from the SMCPS Director of Food and Nutrition Services.
We will be sending home paper applications on the first day of school with every student. Please be sure to complete it right away and return it to school right away. You can also complete the form online. It is safe, secure, and private!
COMING SOON: https://myschoolapps.com/Application - the SY23 Application is Not Yet Open
Lunch, Learn, and Grow Program
St. Mary’s County Public Schools’ Judy Center Early Learning Hub and Food and Nutrition Services is pleased to announce its free summer meals program in partnership with the St. Mary’s County Library and a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture. Meals are for children 18 and under free of charge.
All meals will be served from the St. Mary’s County Library’s Lexington Park Branch beginning
June 21st through Friday, August 19th. Meals will be offered five days per week from 12:00-
1:00, with the exception of July 4, 2022, in observance of the Independence Day holiday. Meals will be served by the SMC Library staff, the Judy Center Early Learning Hub Staff, and trained volunteers from the SMC Library. Training on meal service is being provided by the SMCPS Food and Nutrition Office. The cost of meals for adults accompanying their children will be covered by the St. Mary’s County Department of Social Services.
The Judy Center Staff will be on-site during the month of July to offer families engaging learning activities that they may do at home.
For additional information regarding lunch please contact Food and Nutrition Services at
Open registration for students who will be five years old by September 1, 2022 continues throughout the summer. Select the link to view the SMCPS Press Release.
Please call our office recommend scheduling an appointment to register your student. Please call our main office at 301-863-4044 or email email@example.com. We look forward to assisting you through the registration process.
SMCPS Registration Information
Required documents include:
- Proof of residence
- Evidence of Birth
- Immunization Record
- Court papers regarding custody (if applicable)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
Pre-K/Head Start Online Application
Update 6/2/2022 Press Release
St. Mary’s County Public Schools (SMCPS) will offer full-day Pre-Kindergarten for four-year-old students in elementary schools for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year for eligible students. There will be no half-day spaces in Pre-Kindergarten 4.
To enter a 4-year-old class for the 2022-2023 school year, a child must have a birthdate on or before September 1, 2022.
Please review the 2022 Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Table. Students will be admitted in rank order beginning with those children whose families are at or below 185% and eligible for Free and Reduced Meals. After those students have been placed, full-day Pre-Kindergarten 4 spaces will be offered to students whose families’ incomes are up to 300% until spaces are filled.
Families exceeding an income of 300% of the FPL will not be offered a space in Pre-Kindergarten 4 for the 2022-2023 school year. If you need assistance locating childcare, please visit the child finder link from MSDE at https://www.checkccmd.org/ for assistance.
For more information about the full-day Pre-Kindergarten 4 program, visit www.smcps.org/ssp/early-childhood-education. Questions may also be submitted to Pre-K Questions or call (301) 475-5511, ext. 32136.
Device and Resource Accountability
Device Loss or Damage?
Lexington Park Elementary School
To help you navigate all the elements of a new school year and keep you informed about upcoming programs & events, we will communicate information frequently and in several ways. They are listed below for your reference.
- Weekly Phone Message & Email: At 6:00 on Sunday you will receive a phone message & email from us sharing information about the upcoming week.
- Monthly SMORE Newsletter: Our monthly SMORE Newsletter provides you with lots of information on what's happening in Panda Nation that month.
- Class DoJo: As soon as the new school year begins, your child’s teacher will invite you to join Class DoJo. We use this platform because it is secure/members only and allows us to share a wide variety of information with you. Please join our DoJo family!
- Our LPES Website and Twitter Feed: The LPES website has a wide variety of information for you and is updated regularly. We love to share all the wonderful things our students & teachers are doing, so we tweet just about every day. Follow us on Twitter @lpes_smcps