All you need for awareness and diet
Face the freaky facts
- Did you know 1 in 12 Australians are diagnosed with bowel cancer before the age of 85!
- Bowel Cancer is the second largest cause of cancer deaths in Australia!
- Of 277 cases of bowel cancer that are diagnosed every week, 77 die will die from it.
What is bowel cancer?
If bowel cancer is untreated it will grow into more layers of the bowel, spreading to glands. If the cancer continues to grow it can expand into major organs and lead to death.
How is Bowel Cancer caused?
Examples Of Suitable Meals
You need to take caution with the foods you can eat. These meals are great examples of food that should be eaten.
You need to eat lots of fibre to flush out your system. Below is delicious foods which benefit and taste good.
Whole wheat pasta contains fibre B vitamins, antioxidants, and trace minerals (iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium) which is beneficial to the diet of a bowel cancer patient. Whole wheat is great for maintain a regular bowel movement and prevent growth in the bowel.
Full of rich vegetables and fibre to nourish the body and flush out the system. Great with bread to dip in on a cold night.
Avocado Toast on Whole wheat Bread
Whole-wheat bread with great source of fibre and avocado for your skin. Perfect for breakfast.
Make sure you can try to prevent the early symptoms of bowel cancer
- Being overweight
- Little Physical Activities
- High fat diet
- Drinking to much alcohol
- If bowel cancer runs in your family tree you automatically have a higher risk of getting it
Already have bowel disease
- If you all ready have bowel diseases like Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis it increases your risk.
Whole-wheat rainbow pasta with mince and pea sauce
- 5 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 onion finely diced
- 250g beef mince
- Pinch of ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 packet of whole wheat rainbow pasta
- 1 jar of tomato puree
- ¼ cup of peas
- Fresh Basil leaf
- ½ cup shaved parmesan
· 2 saucepans
· Two wooden spoons
1. Turn your stove to medium
2. Pour oil into a saucepan and add garlic and onion. Cook till onion is transparent.
3. Add mince into pot, use wooden spoon to break it up.
4. Tip in ground pepper, salt and chilli. Wait for the mince to go brown.
5. Pour the jar of tomato puree into the saucepan and add peas. Stir for 4 minutes then turn stove off.
6. Turn on another stove in a separate saucepan, fill it with water. Wait until boiled.
7. Poor in the pasta. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Stir every minute.
8. Strain pasta when cooked then place into a bowel.
9. Add your sauce on top of the pasta then add parmesan and basil.
10. Serve and Enjoy!