Digital Footprint Tips
By: Betsy Walker
Why Does Your Digital Footprint Matter?
Your digital footprint can affect almost every aspect of your life. It's one of the main things college admissions directors take into consideration. Also, most employers check your social media accounts before hiring you. Things posted online never go away, so it's important that what is posted reflects you in a positive light.
- keep pictures of yourself modest
- make sure your profile is positive
- Show how you include yourself in the community
- avoid drama online
- post pictures of yourself doing anything illegal, such as drinking or smoking
- tell all your business online
- use foul language
- bring drama from your everyday life to the internet