Welcome to Fruchthendler!
Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!
Whether you are a new family or returning family, welcome! The entire Fruchthendler staff is working hard to make this the best year ever! We have some exciting events planned, and we are continuing to focus on giving our students the best education possible. Our teachers and staff are amazing and work tirelessly to help ALL of our students succeed. Because of their hard work and dedication to the students, Fruchthendler earned the honor of being a National Blue Ribbon School in 2021. I am honored to be the principal and look forward to beginning my second year as part of the Fruchthendler community. I am so excited to see all of the smiling faces back on Thursday, August 3rd, for the first day of school. Here a some important details you need to know for the year:
- Drop-Off - We will have monitors on site at 7:45. Please drop your students off on Lodge after the crosswalk or the kinder patio (if kinder) if they are going directly to drop their backpacks off and going to the playground. Students can also enter the front entrance if they are going to get breakfast. If you are late, please make sure you enter the front of the school with your student to sign them in.
- Dismissal - We are returning the dismissal process this year to pre-Covid times. Kinder students will be picked up from the kinder patio (where they are dropped off). 1st -5th grade students will be picked up from the courtyard. Please make sure your student's teacher knows how they will be getting home from school. Your students' safety is our priority.
- Breakfast - We are serving breakfast this year! Breakfast will be available starting at 7:45. Breakfasts cost $1.50 or $0.25 if family qualifies for free and reduced lunch. There will be a form sent home if you want to see if your family qualifies.
- Attendance - One of the keys to academic success is being at school every day on time. It is crucial that students are on time. Many classes do their morning circle where students are checking in with each other and bonding as a class. It is important that students do not miss this time.
- Facebook– Please check out our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/FruchthendlerTUSD). We will be posting school-related announcements on this site. The PTA has a group page where families can share pictures from the events or get information. Please keep all communication on social media civil.
- Dining for Dollars (D4D) - The PTA has set up fundraisers with restaurants who give a portion of the sales back to Fruchthendler. Thank you, Stephanie Keller, for setting these all up this year. This is a great opportunity to get food, hang out with other Fruchthendler families, and raise some money for our PTA.
- Weekly Updates – I will be sending information about upcoming events for each week. Please make sure you check your SPAM folder if you are not receiving it.
- Technology - We will be checking laptops out to all students the first full week of school. Please make sure you sign the technology form that gets sent home.
- Athletics - We will be competing in Cross Country, Track and Field, and hopefully basketball. In order to compete, a student must have a physical form. I will be sending out those forms the first week of school. Cross Country starts later this year, September 11. So, you have some more time to make a doctor's appointment to get that physical.
- Transportation - If you have any questions regarding transportation for your child, please contact the front office.
- PTA and Volunteering - We are always looking for volunteers to help out in the classroom. The PTA is always looking for volunteers to help at events. Please contact the front office if you are interested in volunteering. Ms. Kayla or Ms. Carmen can make sure you have any paperwork you need. If you are a parent, you do not need paperwork to volunteer with your child.
I am looking forward to another amazing year!
If you ever have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to contact me at (520) 731-4400.