Friday Features - 11/16/18
Your Weekly BGS PTO News & Happenings
Snow?!?! Who would have thought we needed to plan snow days for events before Thanksgiving? Here are a few quick updates on how the snow is affecting some key PTO activities:
- Our Soup-er Dinner for teachers has been postponed until Tuesday evening.
- Thanks to our partners at Mangia Buono and Bridgewater Bakery, our Thanksgiving Feast is postponed to Monday.
Read on below for more detailed updates on volunteering changes and how you can help.
Thanks to all who joined us for Monday evening's PTO Meeting. Minutes will be posted in an upcoming Features, so be on the lookout for those.
Have a great weekend!
- Kelly & Briana, PTO Co-Presidents
Feast Postponed to Monday - Help Needed
Mother Nature had other plans for our Thanksgiving Feast. Our BGS Thanksgiving Feast will now be held on Monday, November 19th at 11:30.
Many of you had planned to come and help out on Friday. We also know that having school closed on Friday might make it difficult to take time on Monday, but if you can spare some time and help out on Monday, please consider it. You can sign up to let us know you can come here: http://bit.ly/FeastHelp2
This is a wonderful event that is unique to our school. The children are looking forward to it and Mangia Buono and Bridgewater Bakery have both generously accommodated our change.
If you volunteered to bring dessert or centerpieces, we will still need them. Items must be peanut and tree nut free. Desserts & centerpieces should be dropped off Monday by 10:45 AM.
Thank you for your flexibility and support!
Gift Card Sale Ends Nov. 19
Last chance! Get your holiday gift card orders in by Monday, Nov. 19. Simply pay the regular cost for a gift card and our school gets a percentage of the purchase price. If you missed the flyer sent home, you can find it below. Gift cards will arrive the week of Nov. 26 - just in time for all the winter holidays!
Questions? Contact Minal Patel for more info.
Crafts with Frosty & Holiday Shop
We're kicking off the holiday season with a new twist on two favorite events. Join us Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 AM - 12 PM for our Holiday Extravaganza.
Stop by any time that morning to:
- Do small holiday crafts & play games with Frosty to get in the holiday spirit.
- Check out our Kids' Holiday Shop. We'll be open for a special preview sale so that you can help your kids shop for gifts for friends and family. Gifts include mugs, jewelry, toys and more, including special gifts for Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa and all the special people in your child's life.
Our usual in-school Holiday Shop hours will be Monday, Dec. 3 & Tuesday, Dec. 4. Further details will be coming home after Thanksgiving.
If you'd like to help make spirits bright at the Saturday Holiday Extravaganza event or during our In School Holiday Shop hours, you can sign up for a time slot to set up, help kids shop, or breakdown the events here: http://bit.ly/18ShopHelp.
Read-a-Thon Wrap Up
Our Read-a-Thon closed out last Saturday and we met both our READING and FUNDRAISING GOALS! Our Bears read almost 125,000 minutes and nearly 3,000 books. The final totals for fundraising are still coming in, but so far we're at $7,775 pledged - an outstanding feat that will help us support assemblies, class trips and teacher grant programs. Thank you and all of your sponsors for their generous support of BGS.
Here's a bit of final housekeeping:
- Donors who pledged offline will have until early December to submit their donations. The Whooo's Reading program will automatically send reminders to those who have donations pending.
- Cash pledges or checks made out to BGS PTO should be sent to school in an envelope marked "Whooo's Reading Chair". Be sure to note who the pledge is supporting by indicating the student name and class.
- Incentive prizes and Read-a-Thon celebrations will be conducted after the final Read-a-Thon collection period ends.
Spirit Wear - Kits Sent Home & Retro Sale Coming Soon
If you placed an order for a spirit kit, you should have received your order earlier this week.
If you missed your chance to order spirit wear, stay tuned for next week. We're opening the Spirit Wear Vault and selling off some of our retro spirit wear. Supplies will be very limited, as it's only what we have on hand. Check it out in next week's Features.
Track Friday - CANCELLED
Due to limited responses to gauge interest in Track Friday, we've decided to cancel the event. Though we aren't going to hold a formal meet up at Bradley Gardens, you can consider joining another meet up or doing it virtually - check out the trackfriday.org website for more options.