Scoggins Beginning Band Newsletter
Week of October 11
- Objective Cards
- Band T-Shirts
- Amazon Wish List
- Covid- Quarantine
- Upcoming Events
BONUS RAFFLE TICKET OPPORTUNITY!!
In class this week we have created our profiles, and shown students how to load potential supporters emails. We will run our campaign for the entire month of October. Students and families may share their child's profile via social media, email, and text!
We would like all students to participate, and our hope is that each student is able to raise $125. If you would like to opt out by making a donation of $125 payments can be made via Charms using the ¨Shopping Cart¨ icon, or by sending a check made out to Scoggins MS Band Booster Club.
Things parents should know about our fundraiser on FanAngel:
- FanAngel uses the industry's most secure privacy and protection standards. Email addresses and phone numbers are never shared or sold.
- FanAngel’s automation system will send supporters up to three reminders after launch: one after 3 days, one after 10 days, and lastly 4 days prior to the end of the campaign. When the supporter has donated, they will not receive additional reminders. Please know that the supporter has the ability to unsubscribe at any time.
Student Incentives for Fundraiser
Event Activity Cards
Band Spirit Wear
Silly String a director
Conduct a piece at the Winter Concert and MORE!!
*If you have a gift card or donation that you would like to make to help to encourage and motivate our students please reach out to Mr. Davis.
Need to Setup your profile?
Students that were unable to create an account in class need to click this after watching the setup video.
Objective cards are due this FRIDAY (10/15). Please ensure that you have checked in and signed your student's practice log and action objectives!
Performance Objective(Assessed At School) - Minor Grade
- 100% - Complete All
- 85% - Complete 2 of 3
- 70% - Complete 1 of 3
Action Objective(Completed Outside of Class Period)
- This section will be for students who are looking for acceleration!
How to earn a Karate Belt
- Students must pass off ALL Performance Objectives and 1 Action Objectives.
- Parent Signatures on Action Objective Passed Off
- Belts will be awarded once every 3 weeks
Our Band T-shirts were passed out this week. Students that did not receive a shirt were missing either their band fees, band registration or both. Once we receive both items students will receive their shirt.
If you paid, but for some reason our records did not indicate so please email Mr. Davis the paypal receipt or let him know what check # cleared your bank so we can update our records.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Please keep an eye out for gluten and peanut free items so we can have viable options for all of our students!
Covid Positive or Quarantine?
Feeling Ill: Your child does not need to practice or worry about what is going on in band. We will catch them up once they return.
Quarantine or Asymptomatic: Google Meet links will be posted in Canvas for your student to join if they are feeling well enough to participate.
October 6/7 - Setup FanAngel Fundraiser
October 15 - Objective Card 1.3 Due w/ Parent Signature
October 20 - Booster Meeting @ 5:30pm via Zoom
October 21 - Beginner Recital @ Scoggins