Parenting Partnerships Newsletter
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
The Real Mother Goose
Many traditional nursery rhymes read in English.
Pio Peep! Traditional Spanish Nursery Rhymes
Spanish nursery rhymes read in Spanish.
Cocomelon's Nursery Rhymes
Songs/Video of traditional nursery rhymes in English.
Family Resource Center Reminders
- Parenting Partnerships: If you have a child under the age of 5 and could use some extra support with activities and resources, call us at 803-684-1504.
- Tri-District Adult Ed: Call 803-818-8440 for information and GED, ESL, and other classes/assessments offered.
- York Head Start: They are still enrolling students aged 3-4 years old. Please call 803-684-2093 for more information.
- Affinity Health Clinic at York is open on Tuesdays for local patients. Please call 803-909-6363 to make an appointment.
FREE Virtual Parent Classes/Trainings for Parents & Caregivers
Children's Trust of South Carolina is offering free trainings/classes for parents, caregivers, or anyone interested in understanding development and supporting young children. Please visit: https://scchildren.org/events/ for more information or to sign up. Dates are monthly through May 2022.
The following are classes that are most recently being offered:
- Early Childhood Development (Feb.7-8th, March 14th-15th)
- Responding to Abuse and Neglect (March 7-8th)
- Middle Childhood Development (March 29th)
SC First Steps: Resources for Parents
Resources for Parents
Wherever you are in South Carolina, there's a First Steps nearby. Trained professionals are available to support you in your parenting and help you guide your child’s learning and development. Contact your local First Steps to find out how we can help you and your family get connected to the services and resources you need.
Click here for more information: https://www.scfirststeps.org/what-we-do/resources-for-parents/