The Cozine Connection
Stay Informed about the Cozine Community
Cozine Climber Updates - May 19
A Note From Cozine:
The close of this school year is fast approaching! This will be our last Connection for the 2020-2021 school year. We are so grateful for our Cozine community. The hard work, resilience, patience, and kindness you and your families have shown during this past year have not gone unnoticed. Thank you for working with us!
Over the course of the next few days, we will be collecting all devices loaned to our families so our staff can inventory, clean, update, and repair technology so that it is ready for our learners next school year. You will find more information below. We thank you in advance for your assistance with the return of the school’s technology devices that were loaned so students could access the Digital Learning Platform.
Wednesday, May 26th will be the last day of school for students in grades K-5 and is a half-day. Kindergarten and first grade will be dismissed at 12:25 pm. The second and third grades will be dismissed at 12:30 pm. The fourth and fifth grades will be dismissed at 12:35 pm. Backpacks are not permitted on Wednesday, May 26th.
In closing, we have one final request. Please register your student(s) for the 2021-2022 school year on or before Friday, May 21. Registration via Infinite Campus needs to be completed before registering at Cozine. You will find more information below, and our Office Squad is ready to help with all your registration needs. We can't wait to welcome our learners back next year!
Ms. Jodi Notch and Ms. Lisa Dalton
Calling all Chromebooks, iPads, Hotspots, and Library Books!
Wednesday, May 19th - Friday, May 21st
Students who attend in-person instruction will bring their school-issued Hotspot, iPad, Chromebook, and charging cords to school. The classroom specialists and site-based tech team will power-up the device(s) and check for damages. If the device is damaged, the parent/guardian will be notified of the damage and the fine assessed for repairs.
Tuesday, May 25th FROM 7:30 AM-7:00 PM
ALL DAY DROP-OFF EVENT
Parents/Guardians or any designated person may return school-issued Hotspot, iPad, Chromebooks, and charging cords to Room 1 via the Kindergarten Playground. The assigned staff and site-based tech team will power-up the device(s) and check for damages. If the device is damaged, the parent/guardian will be notified of the damage and the fine assessed for repairs. Students will not need the device for schoolwork after he/she turns it into the school.
Please note the following guidelines and information for the return of school-issued technology devices including Chromebooks, iPads, and Hotspots.
- If a parent/guardian or student has checked any of these devices out then him/her is responsible for returning the devices in good working condition to the school.
- Charges will be assessed for devices that are damaged and/or missing power cords.
- A police report will be filed for any device not returned to the school and full replacement charges will be assessed.
- Please return any school library books to Mrs. Snyder. We have over 700 library books that need to be returned.
- Students may NOT keep devices checked out for the summer.
- Students do not take devices from Steve and Linda Cozine to attend another school for the new year. Each school has enough devices to check out to their assigned students.
REMINDER: Registration Information
Please make sure you have registered your student for the upcoming school year. Registration must be done every year for every student. If you would like to select the option to have your student do distance learning for the 2021-2022 school year, you MUST fill out your registration and select this option before May 21 to be guaranteed a spot in distance learning.
To register your student at Cozine for the 2021-2022 school year, start by clicking THIS FORM.
Here is some important information for registration:
- Infinite Campus Password Resets can be done via THIS FORM
- Current students - complete registration using your Parent Portal via Infinite Campus (campusportal.ccsd.net)
- Families with multiple children will also see an option in certain areas to copy the responses from one child to the next, speeding up the process. Families can use a computer or a mobile device to complete registration.
To find out which school a student is zoned for, parents/guardians may visit http://dzg.ccsd.net/.
For details regarding registration requirements, parents/guardians may visit register.ccsd.net.
Zone variances and residential affidavits must be renewed each year. Zone variances will be reviewed in late July/early August for approval, based on current enrollment at that time.
Reminder: Summer Acceleration
If you signed your student up for Summer Acceleration, you will be getting more information before the end of the month. At this time, if you did not do the survey, our program is full. You can call the office to be placed on a waitlist.