When the pelvic bone is broken or at a unnatural angle.
What do pelvic fractures effect in your body?
Pelvic fracture effect parts of the Skeletal system and the Urinary system such as...
- Spinal Column.
How does the body work with and without a pelvic fracture?
Skeletal System - Deals with the weight of body and bones.
- No pain doing anything.
When it's fractured.
- Pain moving.
- Can't be flexible without pain.
Who is likely to get a pelvic fracture
- Can happen to anyone
- More likely in the elderly
How do You get this condition?
- Bone deformities
- Car accidents
- Hit BY a car
- Drugs: Alcohol, Tobacco
How do doctors find Pelvic fractures?
Doctors can use a few machines such as
- A MRI scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- A X-Ray to find out where it is.
- Or they may use a bone scan with radioactive materials that will appear around healing bones.
What are some signs and symptoms?
Some signs and symptoms are
- Can't walk without assistance
How do you treat this condition?
You can treat this condition by
- Resting a lot.
- Or use crutches to help move around.
Fixing a Fractured Pelvis
Can you live with this condition?
- You can live a normal life with a pelvic fracture, it will heal over time
- May find him/herself in a very bad situation.
Why did you do this Project?
- Not a very common project to see
- Not a lot of info about this project
- Very common fracture in elderly