Skate Night at Larz Anderson Park!
BHS Student Volunteers Will Hold a Fundraiser on March 2nd
The communication below provides important information from the Public Schools of Brookline.
Translations and accessibility options are available at the top of the page.
- Simplified Chinese: 点击这里查看中文翻译.
- Traditional Chinese: 點擊這裡查看中文翻譯.
- French: Cliquez ici pour accéder aux options de traduction
- Haitian Creole: Klike la a pou tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen an.
- Hebrew: אנא לחץ כאן לצפייה במסמך בעברית.
- Japanese: ここをクリックして日本語の翻訳にアクセスしてください.
- Korean: 한국어 번역을 보시려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Portuguese: Clique aqui para a tradução em português.
- Russian: Нажмите здесь, чтобы получить доступ к русскому переводу.
- Spanish: Haga clic aquí para acceder a la traducción al español.
- Vietnamese: Nhấn vào đây để truy cập bản dịch tiếng Việt.
Brookline Cares, a BHS student-led volunteer organization, will host a Skate Night Fundraiser at Larz Anderson Skating Rink on March 2nd, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Led by BHS seniors Eliot Arnold, Gabriel Benavidez, Sheejin Choi, Tim Lee, Rowan Michaud, Matthew Murphy, Ishaan Narasimhan, Ellery Nistler, Sean O’Leary, and Marco Tchernychev, Brookline Cares is a volunteer organization started and led by Brookline High School students. The primary goal of Brookline Cares is to raise awareness and collect donations to provide items for people experiencing homelessness.
Last year, Brookline Cares raised money to purchase Empowerment Coats which turn into sleeping bags for people in communities with high rates of poverty and homelessness. Through this initiative, the group also donated Empowerment Coats to local hospitals and organizations such as Mass General, Tufts Medical Center, Boston Medical Center, City of Revere program for the Homeless, My Brothers Table in Lynn, and the light of Christ Church in Chelsea, and the Faulkner hospital mobile van.
Brookline Cares hope to see as many people there as possible for an hour of skating!
The group is asking for a donation of any amount to Brookline Cares as an entrance fee. All proceeds will go directly into purchasing Empowerment Coats - coats that convert into sleeping bags. This amazing product provides a coat, sleeping bag and warmth for people experiencing homelessness.
For more information please follow the group on Instagram (@BrooklineCares) or visit their website at https://brooklinecares.wixsite.com/home
(Media credit: Brookline Cares)