Virgina, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia
- Was found in year 1607 by John Smith and the London Company. Their reason to finding Virginia was to establish settlement in Jamestown.
- Virginia cash crop is tobacco, but money was also made by agriculture
- By 1775 Virginia become a Royal colony, but started out as corporate colony.
- Around 350 people in 1610
- Powhattan tribe is in Virginia.
- Anglican but there wasn't a specific religion which gave freedom to Anglican and Baptist and other religion that worship God.
- Found in 1633 by George Calvert and it was a refuge place for the Catholic people.
- Cash crop is tobacco, but money was made using agriculture.
- Maryland is a proprietary government.
- In 1770 the population was estimated to 202,599.
- Native American tribes was Concy, Assateague, and Susquehannok
- There wasn't a specific religion but Anglican after 1692. 1649 Maryland Tolerance Act passed; it guaranteed religious tolerance on the settlers.
- Found in 1653 by Virginia colonist( Charter of Carolina) In hope to finding good farm land.
- Agriculture is the main way they made money cash crops is rice, tar, and turpentine.
- Had an Proprietary government.
- In 1770 there was an estimate of 197,200.
- Hatteras, Cherokee, and Catawba was the Native tribes.
- Anglican but was open to other religion.
- Found in 1663 by English nobles with a Royal Charter. They was looking for farm land.
- Rice and Indigo was the cash crops, but there was a lot of agriculture. Also slave trading was big.
- It was a proprietary government.
- In 1770 the population estimate was 124,244.
- The native tribes was Yamasee, Catawba, Cherokee.
- The religion there was Anglican.
- Found in 1733 Founder is James Oglethorpe. Was established to hold prisoners from Europe.
- Cash crops was Rice and later on Cotton, but the min money maker is agriculture.
- The government was Royal.
- In 1770 the population estimate was 23,375.
- the native tribes there was Creek and Cherokee.
- The religion that started out in the colony was Anglican.
Thirteen Colonies: the Southern Colonies