Create a clock like the one below and fill it with 4 appointments, one appointment for each hour designated.
Nine Action Points
- Before reading the section "The Nine Action Points", look at the list of action points on the anticipation guide.
- Open this anticipation guide and save a copy.
- Next to each of the nine action points, enter a ! if you believe it and think it's very important, an * if you believe it, and an X if you don't believe it.
- Compare your beliefs with those of a colleague or discuss them in your group.
- Read the action point that correlates to your table number.
- After reading the section, revisit your beliefs on your anticipation guide. Have they changed? What are you wondering about?
- Meet with your 9:00 appointment and discuss using the following sentence stem:
After reading my section, I believe/wonder
What's posted in the classroom?
Content/Language Objective = Learning Objective
Are they aligned?
- Click on this sorting activity and save a copy.
- Sort the cards into two categories: Aligned and NOT Aligned
- Make sure that the content/language objectives address the following:
- aligns to the TEKS
- addresses the Who, What, and How
- addresses language (specific words, phrases, or stems)
This content/language objective is/is not aligned to the TEKS because...
- Pick a TEKS from the 1st six weeks curriculum in Engrade
- Write a Content/Language Objective for the TEKS
- Design a lesson/task that matches the TEKS and Content/Language Objective for your content
- Use the content specific template to design your lesson: