A Weekly Look at Grant Elementary School & the Grant PTA
Week of February 3, 2020
A Message From Principal Grey
Dear Grant Community,
We will send home a Kind Acts checklist in Friday Folders this week and the students will learn about it at this week's BEST Assembly. We encourage you to take a look at it with your family and choose a few items together to try next week.
Week of Kindness Events:
- Tuesday: Kindness Chains - linking acts of kindness together as classes and as a school.
- Wednesday: Colors of Kindness Day - Purple, Red and Pink to celebrate love and kindness.
- Thursday: Music, dancing & acts of kindness at lunchtime.
- Friday: Environmental Science assembly - showing kindness for the planet.
- Tuesday-Friday: Letters of Appreciation & kindness amongst students, families & teachers.
Ms. Grey Visits Sixth Grade Campers!
Intent to Return for the 2020-21 School Year!
It is already time to begin preparing for the 2020-2021 school year! By providing the information requested for each of your children, you are assisting us so that we may plan appropriately for the next school year. We will have a paper version of this form available in the office as well. Thank you for your support and participation!
Intent to return form for the 2020-2021 School Year
Grant Gala Auction Tickets Now on Sale!
Grant Gala Auction - Help Needed
*This event won't happen without volunteers. To see if you might be able to take on a task, please click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a094aada82ca6fc1-silver
*If you can help procure live auction items for Grant's biggest fundraiser of the year, please contact Jenny Reich at email@example.com
*Auction organizers are looking for donations of bottles of wine. if you rifle through your cellar (said in jest) and find a bottle or two of something you are willing to part with, please bring that fine wine to the office and we'll make good use of it!
Adopt-a-Book Now Through 2/22
Adopt-a-Book is a Grant school program to replenish books in the school library.
To participate, you can either:
1) Purchase a book from Mrs.Crysdale's wish list on Amazon Grant School Library Petaluma Link: http://a.co/dRC55W6
2) Send in a check to cover the cost of a new book
3) Purchase a hardcopy of one of your personal favorites
*With your monetary donation Mrs. Crysdale will purchase a book to add to the Grant School library collection on your behalf.
*If you and your child would like to donate a new copy of one of your favorite books (rather than make a cash donation), please check with Mrs. Crysdale to be sure there will not be any duplicate titles.
*All donated books should be hardcopies for durability.
Grant Elementary Library thanks you for your support and generosity!
For Questions: Contact Librarian Alice Crysdale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Valentine's Day, 2/14
If an effort to create both a healthy and celebratory culture on campus, we are encouraging families to limit the amount of candy and treats that they attach to their students' valentine cards. We recognize that candy is considered a big part of the tradition and appreciate your consideration for moderation. We encourage valentines and messages of friendship, kindness, appreciation. Each teacher will be contacting families with details about valentine's celebrations in their classrooms.
PTA Meeting, 2/20 at 6pm
This is Big, Epic, Huge Even! Grant Disco Glow, 2/22
Performing Arts links
Info on rehearsals and option to print forms:
Online Registration Form: http://bit.ly/grantspring20
Find the option to pay online here: https://grantpta.membershiptoolkit.com/home
Make Sure You Get a Grant Yearbook
Kindergarten Registration Now Open!
Please visit https://www.petalumacityschools.org/enroll to begin your application process.
* There are two school tours scheduled in January. If you or someone you know would like to go on a tour at Grant, please call the front office at (707) 778-4742 to schedule one.
Revised and Final Calendar for the 2020-2021 School Year
In the Thank You Column:
- Thank you to Maryann Pacheco for organizing the Valentine's See's Candy Fundraiser. All your work is so appreciated.
- Many thanks to Janelle Wilson and Rosalie Thompson for a successful Wish Board campaign! Thank you for helping stock up the school.
- Shamrock love to Jenny Reich, Jennifer Eaton and Megan Cusimano for getting the Auction Online Ticket Sales up and running.
- Thank you to Jennifer Eaton for her work taking the Disco Glow Ticket sales online!
At A Glance
February 1-22 - Adopt-a-Book
February 3 - Grant Gala Auction Tix Go on Sale
February 10- Lincoln’s Holiday (NO SCHOOL)
February 12- Chorus Festival 7pm, Petaluma Junior High Gym
February 17- Washington’s holiday (NO SCHOOL)
February 20- PTA Board Meeting and Association
February 22- The Grant Disco Glow Dance 6:30-8:30
February 24-28- Read Across America
February 24-28-Conference week (WEDNESDAY SCHEDULE)
March 2- Dr. Seuss Birthday Party
March 7- Grant Auction
March 16-20- Spring Break
March 26- PTA Board and Association Meeting (Elections)