Sehome High School- Mariner Memo
Week of January 27 - 31
Monday: No School
Tuesday: A Day- Finals Schedule- No Anchor
Wednesday: B Day- Finals Schedule- No Anchor
Thursday: A Day- Finals Schedule- No Anchor
Friday: B Day- Finals Schedule- No Anchor
8:30 – 9:50 1st/ 5th
9:50 – 10:05 Long Break
10:05 – 11:25 2nd/ 6th
11:25 – 12:20 Lunch
12:20 – 1:40 3rd/ 7th
1:40 – 1:55 Long Break
1:55 – 3:15 4th/ 8th
School Levies Fact Sheets
The special election for our levies is coming up and ballots are due on Feb. 11. District families have received levy fact information via email. Fore more information, please follow this link.
SCREEN AGERS NEXT CHAPTER
WTA Bus Passes 2020
Unfortunately this year we were only allocated half of free WTA bus passes compared to last year.
Since we will only have a few passes to give out each day, they will only be given for those in urgent need. For example:
- A student's car breaks down and he/she needs to get home
- Normal transportation home fell through
- Need to leave school for an emergency and is the only way home
If you know your child needs a monthly bus pass, they can be purchased at the ASB office for $15.
If your child is staying after school at the Learning Center, they will be given a bus pass if they request one.
A big thank you to WTA for their continued support of Sehome High School students and programs!
Snow/Inclement Weather Information
With the change of seasons, it’s time to plan ahead for winter weather and how it may affect our schools.
This message will help you:
- update your contact information,
- find information on weather communications, and
- find your snow bus route if your child rides the bus.
Depending on conditions (which could include snow, flooding, power outages, etc.), school could:
- close for the day,
- open two hours late with regular bus routes or snow bus routes,
- open on time with snow bus routes.
Please familiarize yourself with our weather procedures here.
How can I get weather/emergency information?
Any changes to the school schedule are usually announced by 6 a.m., and we use a variety of methods to keep families informed:
- Alerts: To receive email and/or text alerts, set your communication preferences on the Skylert tab within Skyward Family Access. (Need help? Go here for step-by-step directions or call 360-676-6520.)
- Tune in to local media: 790 AM, 96.5 FM, 104.1 FM or Seattle media.
- Check bellinghamschools.org
- Check @BhamSD on Twitter or @bellinghamschools on Facebook
- Call 360-676-6400 for a recorded message.
- Call 360-647-6815 for a message translated in Español, русский, tính từ and Punjabi.
Reserving a Tutor
Sehome' s Tutoring Center is open Mondays-Thursdays from 3:30 to 5:30 in "The Hub" down on our first floor. We recruit tutors from Western Washington University and Sehome to support our students. We offer an online system to reserve free one on one time with one of the tutors, as well as open study time. We serve a healthy snack and can provide a WTA bus day pass. To make a reservation with a tutor click here or follow the directions below:
- SHS Home Page / Students Tab /Learning Center
- Scroll down to “TUTOR SIGN UP”
- Select “This is my first time…”
- Select Tutoring Subjects, Subject, and tutor’s name or “any” (The system will assign tutor)…NEXT
- Calendar “highlighted dates are available”… choose time, one block is 30 minutes, 2 blocks for one hour…NEXT
- Provide personal information …NEXT
YOU ARE DONE
The student will receive a confirmation email…also, a second email with an “assigned username and password to reserve their appointments moving forward”
QUESTIONS? ….. CONTACT MS. APT at Brenda.Apt@bellinghamschools.org
PTSA Spring Auction Kick-Off Meeting!
PTSA Spring Auction Kick-Off Meeting!
SHS PTSA has an auction coordinator on board, and we are looking to fill many committee positions. Whether you have participated in planning the auction in the past, or this is your student's first year at SHS, you are welcome to join us. We are looking for volunteers to help with marketing, solicitations/procurement, volunteer management, data management, and night-of-event coordination. In addition, we are in need of someone with graphic design experience.
If you are interested in helping AND having fun, come to the kick-off meeting on Thursday, January 30th, at 7:00 PM. Holly Moraca has generously agreed to host. Her address is 530 Bayside Road.
Email us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Are you a Member?
Have you joined SHS PTSA yet? It's not too late! Membership is open to EVERYONE! Sehome families, teachers, staff, students, and community members are welcome to join.
Membership forms are available in the office, or online by clicking here.
If you have question about joining PTSA, contact Else Sokol at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven't already, please follow the Sehome High School PTSA on Facebook by clicking here. (link in case you need it: https://www.facebook.com/Sehome-High-School-PTSA-169639943059925/). We would also love for you to check out our website! There is a wealth of information available on the site, including news, helpful links, membership forms, meeting dates, a FAQ page, and more! Go to https://sehomeptsa.weebly.com/.
Sehome Points of Contact
Sonia Bell, Principal: email@example.com
Mike Couto, Assistant Principal: A - K firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany Barrett, Assistant Principal: L - Z email@example.com
Kimberly Kirk, Dean of Students: Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the Assistant Principal or Counselor who is assigned to your student to resolve school issues.
Catherine Romine, Principal Admin Assistant: email@example.com
Toni Ladner, Attendance Admin Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi Schroyer, AP Testing Admin Assistant: email@example.com
Janelle Larsen, Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendra Simpson, Counseling Admin Assistant: email@example.com
Jeff Smith, Counselor 9th Grade: Jeffrey.Smith@bellinghamschools.org
Amy Hjelt, Counselor A - G: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hana Schutz, Counselor H - M: email@example.com
John Vandermolen, Counselor N - Z: firstname.lastname@example.org