Second Grade News
November 14, 2015
- Mrs. Vass will visit the class and teach a special lesson
- Spirit Assembly- Wear "What Is Your Gift" t-shirts
- Field Trip to Churchville Nature Center 9:00 am-2:15 pm
- Unit 3 Math Test
- Comfy Cozy Day. This is a day for the kids to pay a dollar to come dressed to school in comfy, cozy clothes. The money raised on this particular day will go to the Gayman Community Cares Organization for one of our families in need.
- November 23rd - Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM for Grades 1 - 6; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 24th - Early Dismissal @ 11:55 AM for Grades 1 - 6; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- November 25th - 27th - No School - Thanksgiving Recess
Our field trip to the Lenape village at the Churchville Nature Center is on Wednesday, Nov. 18th.
- Be sure to send your child to school on Wednesday dressed in comfortable shoes and warm clothing. (We will be outside for the entire trip.)
- Send a packed lunch in a disposable bag, labeled with your child's name. No glass please!
- Any emergency medications (including Benadryl), inhalers, epi-pens need to be packaged and sent in with your child. They will need to be self-administered by your child, under adult supervision.
We will be leaving school at 8:45 am that morning and returning at 2:15 pm. Chaperones should come to the classroom by 8:30 am. We are very excited to experience Lenape life! Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!
Ask Your Child About
We had an assembly to honor them and wrote thank you cards.
What is the name of our Roxy Reading Dog?
What did Cheese from the Harlem Globetrotter tell them about bullying?
What are some ways you can figure out how to make change from a dollar?
Counting up-using a number grid to help you
What are the different type of connections can you make to a story?
Text to Self; Text to Text; and Text to World
Things We Are Learning This Week
- Fluency Center
- Building Background Knowledge
- Retelling a story
On Thursday we will be taking the Unit 3 Math test.
The test will include the following skills:
- Counting by 10s starting at 100
- Counting by 5s starting at 70
- Missing numbers on a number line starting at 150
- Frames and arrows with two rules
- Number stories
- Counting change
- Telling time to the half hour
- Adding details to a story
Social Studies-Lenape Indians
- Hunting and fishing
- Family Life
Sort 16-short and long u. Please remember to have your child practice their spelling words using the Spelling City website https://www.spellingcity.com/view-spelling-list.html?listId=15411624. Please look for Sort 16 for this week's words.