January 11, 2016
Thank you for all the support you gave to Nancy's family. You certainly demonstrated how much you care about her and how wonderful the FHN family is. I know I speak for all of you when I say we will deeply miss her.
Five Quick Facts
1) My husband Nate and I are blessed with two beautiful princesses ~ my 2.5 year old daughter Amiyah and my 6 year old bonus daughter Sophie.
2) I am a certified fitness instructor and teach classes part time at Club Fitness in the evenings and on the weekends. I currently teach TurboKick, PiYo, and MuscleWorks (Strength Training & Conditioning).
3) I taught 8th grade Math at Barnwell Middle School for 4 years. My last year there I was awarded Teacher of the Year then moved here to FHN with the class of 2013 kiddos to be a Professional School Counselor. I have thoroughly enjoyed being able to continue watching my kiddos from 8th grade grow and graduate here at FHN. This year’s seniors are my last group of math kiddos I had the pleasure of teaching.
4) I earned my Bachelor of Science in Education from UMSL, Master of Arts in School Counseling from Lindenwood, and my Master of Arts in School Administration from Lindenwood.
5) Anytime I’m adjusting the music volume or setting my alarm, it has to be on an odd number.
I nominate Barry Morrison to go next!
- Thank you to our NHS students for caroling at a Senior Living Faciltity on 12/22/16.
- Congratulations on a great first week of second semester.
- Congratulations on an increase in 90/90 attendance
- Congratulations to FHN Knights who presented at TechFest. We are so lucky to have so many talented people in our building. Thank you for sharing your talents with your colleagues in other parts of the district.
FHN saw a 0.5% reduction in total Ds and Fs compared to 1st semester last year.
Objectives: Recommendation 3 &4 Learning to Connect Objectives and Personalizing Objectives
- What are your goals for this lesson/unit?
- How will you take what we are learning today and use it?
- What do you already know about the objective, what do you want to know?
- How do today’s objectives connect with what we’ve been learning?
- How would you tell the objective to a friend or family member?
- Look at the objective…Why would we be using these supplies?
- Supply index cards at table with questions for kids to discuss-could use discussion starters above
- On a post it note, list two words or items from the objective that you find interesting or important
- Use KWL charts
- Draw something that we learned yester. Share the new objective. Can they add anything to their drawing?
- Solo think time: think about what we’ve been learning; connect to something we have already learned.
We ended first semester with 89.7% of our students attending 90% of the time. We also had an Avg. Daily Attendance of 95.96%. Please continue to speak to your classes about the importance of regular attendance. The graphic below is a great tool for showing the correlation between attendance and academic success.
95% and Up--3.416559
Between 90% and 95%--2.79633
Between 85 and 90%--2.296383
Between 80% and 85%--1.976694
The administrative team spent time looking at the feedback from our faculty meeting in December. You will notice some small changes as we try to address concerns. For example, administrators are now rotating through hall supervision assignments in an effort to be visible and have the opportunity to interact with more teachers. We have also started reviewing the FHN Calendar for the coming weeks at each admin team meeting in an effort to have consistently proactive communication. These are just a few of the "quick fixes" we are implementing. We also identified more complex themes we will continue to explore with DCs, PLOT, and the Faculty. Thank you again for your continued support.
App of the Week
Google Hangouts-Use Google Hangout to collaborate with others in a video format. Its free and easy to use. Use it for PLCs. Students can interview anyone in the world or work with each other at night on a project together. Go to https://hangouts.google.com/ for more info