Gresham Go - To
Weekly Staying Connected
Week of November 16 - 22
Hi Church Family,
We praise the Lord for a beautiful time of worship together! We have enjoyed seeing the church meet together in person on Sundays, during the week for men, women, and teen youth. It's been a time of encouragement through these unknown times - to see each other's faces away from a screen. Now that we have come almost eight months since our "new normal" began, we hoped that we were turning the corner.
However, the Governor's new "freeze" restrictions for Multnomah County starts this Wednesday. When the news came out last week, our hearts were saddened because we came to the realization that the best thing to do at this time is to take a pause. Weighing every week watch direction we should go into and how to creatively meet has become overwhelming to keep things going as normal.
Now we are taking this challenge for us to now to connect outside of the church building. Find ways to encourage each other, serve your neighbor and church, and absolutely to keep worshiping together. So, until after the New Year, we'll be "HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS" - taking time to be with family, have time with the Lord at home, AND to keep connected virtually on Facebook.
As a matter of fact - we'd love to showcase YOU giving thanks for this Sunday's virtual service. Simply take a quick 10-15 second video answering this question, "What are you thankful for?" You can do this on your phone or video camera and share it with us through email. We hope that you'll participate!!
Our weekly ministries until further notice will be:
Sunday school on Facebook will still be at 9:30 am.
Worship service will follow on Facebook at 10:30 am.
Please continue to pray for us as we navigate this very busy Christmas season. All your support is needed.
Majors Celestine & Shoshannah Ruwethin
Mid - Week Devotionals/Sunday School from the Youth Department
Below is our Orange Sunday School videos for this week. I am thankful for you all as we are talking about being thankful in some of these lessons. This week you can watch,
- First Look – preschool, Major Silvia gets help with a puzzle.
- 252Kids Elementary lesson Tasha will be writing her Thank you notes (inspired by Jimmy Fallon Thank you Notes).
- XP3 Middle and High School “Its Personal”, Captain Fabio will be sharing a special music and a story.
- Adult Sunday School: We have a new lesson up for you to check out as well in addition to the “if/then” lesson. The “Together” lesson is now available as well.
We have been working hard to support and provide you guys with content to share with your youth. We know this year has been hard on everyone and we just want to make this as easy as possible for all of you. Please check it out. Enjoy here!
Office Closed Thanksgiving - Nov. 26
St. Aidan's Episcopal Church at 17450 NE Glisan Street (next door to Nadaka Nature Park) will be serving food on Thanksgiving day from 2pm-4pm. First come first serve or until we run out. Everyone picking up a bag must be wearing a mask and follow social distancing. No exceptions! The bags of food will be handed out in the churches Murdock Hall located directly behind the church building. There are double glass doors on the east side of the building where we will be located.
- From November 2 through December 31, Walmart customers will have the opportunity to round-up their purchase to the nearest dollar in order to make a financial contribution to The Salvation Army.
- The round-up option will be available to Walmart (not Sam’s Club) customers in-store, at manned cash registers (not self-check-out) and online, via Walmart.com and their app.
- Walmart Toy Registry is where you can purchase toys for the Angel Tree.
- (Amazon Wishlist is a second place where you can purchase toys for the Angel Tree).
We have reached our capacity for Angel Tree Toy Requests. Although, our application process is done for our area, there's still more work to go. We are actively seeking volunteers and volunteer groups who can help us prepare for our big distribution day.
We also we request if you can purchase a toy to help with this event - please remember there are toy registries set up to help you.
You can also donate through the QR code right now through your mobile device.