October 18, 2020
The Pershing Elementary Newsletter
Good Evening Pershing Families,
Red Ribbon Week
This week is Pershing's Red Ribbon Week, a week focused on "Making Good Decisions" to show respect for ourselves and for others. Typically we focus the month on both bullying prevention and on healthy choices. See the Red Ribbon Week spirit themed dress-up ideas below for this week! We hope each class will participate and share during their live synchronous time together!
Yearbook and Pictures
Guardians can upload pictures using the form linked below to send in a picture of their child based on the themes provided in the form. These pictures will be for our themed school-wide pages. Each classroom also shares pictures with the classroom teacher for their specific grade level page. We greatly appreciate your help in making this year's yearbook memorable and inclusive for all! Yearbooks are on sale for $20 each (online only) this year, with prices increasing on January 1st to $25 each. See below for more information.
In-Person Learning Updates
SJUSD shared information last Friday regarding updates on In-Person Learning plans. In case you missed it, please visit: https://www.sanjuan.edu/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=66051&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=57610&PageID=1
PTO Shout Out!
A huge shout out to our amazing PTO for setting up our Baskin Robbin's ice cream night last week, to the staff who helped hand out ice cream and water, and for the families who joined in on the yummy fun! Thank you for supporting our school by supporting our PTO! See below for our upcoming Chipotle fundraiser this Saturday evening!
For more upcoming events and important dates, please see the calendar list below. If you have questions, please call us at 916-979-8076 or email me at email@example.com.
Mrs. Kendra Shelton
Mark Your Calendars
- October 18: Yearbooks are on sale (online only) starting today!
- October 19 - November 1: Pershing Book Fair is LIVE ONLINE!
- October 20: School Site Council - 7:15a.m. on Zoom
- October 24: PTO Family Dinner Night at Chipotle 4p.m. - 8p.m.
- November 11: Veterans Day - No School
- November 13: No School (Teacher Work-Day)
- November 16 - 20: Parent-Teacher Conferences Week
- November 17: School Site Council - 7:15a.m. on Zoom
- December 1: English Learner Advisory Committee 6p.m. on Zoom
- December 31: Last day to buy a Pershing Yearbook for $20! Online sales only this year!
- January 5: Hybrid/In-Person Learning Scheduled to Begin (more information to come)
Pershing Book Fair - Begins Online Tomorrow!
Dear Pershing Families:
We are working hard to keep our students reading and raise critical funds for our school library with our Scholastic Online-Only Book Fair from October 19th to November 1st.
The Fair will connect your kids to notable books and inspiring characters — helping them become lifelong readers. And you’ll love the new option to shop for Book Fair exclusives — directly from the interactive book list. Plus, enjoy these special online shopping features:
· Access to over 6,000 products
· All orders ship direct to home
· FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25
· All purchases support our school library and earn 25% in rewards
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with online shopping: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/pershingelementaryschool2
Thank you for continuing to support our school library!
Click this button to be redirected to learn how to check-out library books from Pershing for your child!
School Site Council Meets Tuesday, October 20th at 7:15a.m.
The School Site Council meets on Zoom again this month, October 20th, at 7:15a.m. To view the agenda, please visit:
The Zoom link information is on the agenda under "Location."
Buy a Yearbook Soon!
Yearbooks are on sale! Yearbooks are $20 each (base price), available online ONLY this year, and will increase to $25 each after 12/31. Visit https://ybpay.lifetouch.com/ soon! Pershing's school code is: 13201221
Parents: Submit pictures of your Pershing students for specific themed pages of the yearbook by filling out this form! Click this button to learn more!
Pershing PTO Family Dinner Night at Chipotle 10/24!
Join us by buying your family dinner at Chipotle (you can order online and eat at home) on October 24th, anytime between 4p.m. - 8p.m. Use the Promo Code: R7CDAV3
Do make it count! Four ways to guarantee your purchases count:
- Show the cashier a digital flyer prior to paying
- Show the cashier a paper flyer prior to paying
- Order online and pickup Chipotle for our fundraiser by using the Promo Code R7CDAV3 on the Chipotle app or website.
- Please note that fundraiser online ordering is only valid through pickup during our fundraiser’s scheduled date, time, and assigned restaurant. Ordering delivery for fundraisers is not permitted at this time.
Click the flyer below for more details!
Need Support for Distance Learning?
For questions specific to the district, visit San Juan's microsite (www.sanjuan.edu/fall2020) designed to provide our community with the latest information about Fall 2020. Here you can find the latest district updates, details about the instructional options available to families, special education services during distance learning, as well as community resources available to support families.
For questions specific to Pershing, please contact our school office at 916-979-8076 or reach out to Principal Kendra Shelton or school secretary Elizabeth Danforth.