Burleson Elementary News
January 20, 2022
A NOTE FROM DR. COFFMAN
Thank you for all your support at home. We know that it takes a team to move the needle and the students continue to grow! Please remind your children to read 20 minutes every evening. We are rewarding their hard work when they earn AR points and appreciate your help at home! 20 minutes of reading produces great gains in comprehension, vocabulary development, and learning!
¡Felicitaciones a todos nuestros estudiantes que compitieron en el programa del condado! ¡Estamos orgullosos del arduo trabajo y la dedicación de los estudiantes! ¡Los estudiantes representaron muy bien a Burleson Elementary y Meadow ISD!
Gracias por todo su apoyo en casa. ¡Sabemos que se necesita un equipo para mover la aguja y que los estudiantes sigan creciendo! Recuerde a sus hijos que lean 20 minutos todas las noches. ¡Recompensamos su arduo trabajo cuando ganan puntos AR y apreciamos su ayuda en casa! ¡20 minutos de lectura producen grandes ganancias en comprensión, desarrollo de vocabulario y aprendizaje!
My phenomenal Pre-K students had a wonderful week!
Letters: Aa, Tt, Ll, Vv, Zz, Xx, Hh, Ff, Ee, Kk, Mm, Yy, Ii,
Dd, Oo, Cc, Qq, Gg.
- Focusing on letter Gg this week and number 19.
- PLEASE Review letter sound & recognition at home.
- Write down the # of words read on new Reading log
- Please remember to send a water bottle every day.
Thank you, parents, for all your support!!
Mrs. A 😊
Just a few things for Kindergarten:
- Be sure to be completing the reading log each night.
- Our next sight word test will be on Friday, January 21st. Please let me know if your child is missing any of their sight word cards so that I can get them replacements.
- Be sure to send back you child's signed report card if you have not already done so.
- Please make sure your child is bringing their library book to school every day.
Thank you for all that you do and for sharing your children with me!
· Phonics homework every night.
· Spelling test Thursday, January 27.
· Test on purple sight words Friday.
· +9’s to practice
· Please read a book every night and record it on the reading log.
· Please make sure your child is bringing their library book to school every day.
Students are working on sight words and fluency sentences. They are regrouping in math and telling time. Students are learning about rocks and landforms. We are learning about the job of the President and Vice President. Remember the spelling test is on Friday.
Second Graders are the best!
- In reading we are continuing to study Informational Text.
- Our Spelling Pattern will be over ghost letters for example gn-gnat gh-ghost, etc.
- Please have your child read each night and record it on their reading logs. They will be due in two weeks.
· In math we are learning algebraic reasoning by finding patterns and relationships of equations.
· In Science we are learning about natural resources and how to conserve our natural resources.
· Please make sure your child is practicing their math facts every night
· Math fact test will be on Friday!
4th grade Math is busy working on Geometry. This week, we have learned about customary units of measurement for length and capacity. Ask your child about their conversion robots. 🙂
4th grade Science is learning about weather versus climate. We have had some fun discussing local weather. We will be looking at weather conditions in different states as well as other countries. Please ask your child about the major difference in weather and climate.
5th grade Science is deep into the study of weather and climate. We have done a lot of reading related to meteorology and how scientists gather their data to make predictions on the weather. We have some aspiring meteorologists!
Thank you for sharing your children with me 🙂
- No spelling test next week due to other classroom testing.
- Please have your child read at home for at least 20 minutes each night. Many students are falling behind on their AR goals and aren't reaching reading level goals. Please partner with me in ensuring they are spending a little time with books every day.
- As always, please reach out if your child will be absent.
- Parent conference information will come soon!
Thank you for all you do 🙂
-We have started working with shapes. We are classifying triangles and quadrilaterals which will take us to measuring perimeter and area next week.
-We hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. We need everybody at school.
Thank you for your support.
Wow, time is flying by us! In reading we are still in our informational text unit. We are working on knowing the difference between fiction and nonfiction texts and learning all about the different characteristics of each genre. This week we've been reading more biographical books which I think the students are enjoying a bit more!
In Social Studies we are wrapping up our week learning about the difference between industry and agriculture at the start of the Industrial Revolution.
A few reminders:
- Spelling words go home today! Spelling test will be next Thursday, 01/27/22. Please have them practice every night.
- Please have your child on time to school every day. We have an important test coming up and every minute counts.
- Please be sure to have your child read every night at least 20 minutes. We want as many students as possible reaching their AR goals!
- Lastly, please be sure to check Bronco folders that are going home today. There is important information in there for you!
MRS. SANDY'S SNACK SHACK
Every Wednesday right after school!!
Prices range from .50 to 4.00
pickle pops, snow cones, popcorn, dippin dots, cake pops, etc.