Beating the Odds
Lakeview Staff Newsletter - March 15
• An arena full of kids can be louder than anyone thought possible
• The bathroom is even louder than the arena itself
• Michelle & Christina play a mean game of Hungry Hippos on the ice!
• We have great parents who came along to help us out
• A lot of the adults in our school know all the moves to "Baby Shark" ... you know who you are.
• Nothing says "SM Way" like hearing a whole bunch of our kids shouting "Fight! Fight! Fight!"
• Ruthanne actually has the most difficult job of the day trying to find all of her students at the right times
• Buses can triple park on 4th street until we finally find them
Seriously, though, we are creating memories. Thanks to Rachel for coordinating. As I've said before - if it looks easy, it's because it took a lot of work on the back end to make it look that way. Enjoy some photos:
Tuesday, March 19
Concert rehearsal 2:00 p.m.
GOLT meeting 3:45 p.m.
Lakeview concert 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, March 20
Admirals Reader in 1st grade at 2 p.m. - Admirals Shirt day for everyone!
Rescheduled upcoming staff meetings:
Cancel the staff meeting in the morning on 3/20 (morning after concert)
Grades 3-5 plan to meet from 3:45-4:30 on Wednesday, March 20
Grades K-2 plan to meet from 7:30-8:15 on Thursday, March 21
We will continue our discussion about workshop, but tailored to different levels.
Wednesday, March 27
Math lab day for 3rd-5th grade teachers
HS a cappella groups 12:30-12:50 in gym (all school assembly)
Monday, April 1
PD Day - No students
Recess - Here is our phrase as the weather warms up: "No coats on the ground at Lakeview".
Lockers - please send kids back into halls to close lockers if they leave them open.
I know both of those sound like minor things, but they are important for a school that runs well.
Family newsletter - Link to this week's family newsletter - it will not go out until 3:20 on Friday, so you still have time to finish if needed.
Elementary Blackout Dates - Here is a link to the calendar
Forward Info - grades 3-5
Forward testing is coming, but there are things you need to start doing now to prepare:• Cortney will print & laminate room your room signs
• Special Ed teachers have already entered accommodations. We will check testing tickets when they arrive to be sure.
• You should already have checked your student's Chromebooks for the correct app (see last week's newsletter).
• Cortney will have proctor confidentiality forms for you to sign. Please return signed forms to Cortney. Anyone proctoring tests (including make-up tests) must sign.
• All 3-5 teachers should plan in the next few weeks to do the Forward practice tutorials. There are videos and practice sessions which are essential. Here is a link to the practice pieces. You will need to do the "Online Tools Training", "Student Tutorials", and the TDA Sampler. You may use the Item samples if desired as well.
• Students need headphones or earbuds for the test. Please start asking students and families to provide. We will have some available in the office for those who cannot provide.
• The link to the Test Administration Manual may be found here. This is the file that has the script you need to read as well as how to handle testing problems. Cortney will print one copy of the file for each test administrator because I know how helpful it is to have a printed version of this when you are testing.
• Rachel, Heather, and I will coordinate make-up testing on April 29 and 30 for students that have not completed sessions.