The History Of Saturn
Name of the moons
- Aegaeon, Aegir, Albiorix, Anthe, Atlas, Bebhionn,Bergelmir, Bestla, Calypso, Daphnis, Dione, Enceladus, Epimetheus, Erriapus, Farbauti, Fenrir, Fornjot, Greip, Hati, Helene,Hyperion, Hyrrokkin, Iapetus, Ijiraq, Janus, Jarnsaxa, Kari, Kiviuq, Loge, Methone, Mimas, Mundilfari, Narvi, Paaliaq, Pallene,Pan, Pandora, Phoebe, Polydeuces, Prometheus, Rhea, Siarnaq, Skadi, Skoll, Surtur, Suttung, Tarqeq, Tarvos, Telesto,Tethys, Thrym, Titan and Ymir. http://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/science/moons/
Saturn is a ball made up of hydrogen and helium. Saturn has less dense.If you out Saturn in a big body of water it would float. The temperature of saturn changes the deeper the planet goes. Saturn can't be said to have a solid surface. Saturn's rings are made up of crystals. Saturn is filled with gases like hydrogen,ammonia,methane,etc.
Saturn takes a period of 10 hours 47 minutes.July 2004 a spacecraft called Cassini was inserted into orbit about Saturn and it has completed many orbits around the planet.
Long Is a Day/Year
Diagram of Elliptical Path
- Saturn can be seen without a telescope.Saturn is seen as a star in the nights sky.
- The spokes that surround saturn are made of crystals.
- The nickname for Saturn rings areThe Lord of the Rings.
- Saturns winds go 1,000 mph (6,380 kmph) its faster than earths winds.
- Because the rings are so thin, when you look at them from the side, they almost disappear
Video of Saturn
The End of Saturn
- Landau, Elaine. Saturn. New York: Children's, 2008. Print.
- Solar System Chart." Chart. Solar System Chart. N.p.: n.p., n.d. N. pag. Solar System Chart. Web.